Holiday Pay vs Premium Pay

Would it show this on my timecard? I only see the time and a half..I worked today (labor day) and this is what It shows. I am a GMTL

Attachments

• 8F8B85A8-6916-4F87-BCA5-ACCD7ACB28DF.png
    8F8B85A8-6916-4F87-BCA5-ACCD7ACB28DF.png
    266.9 KB · Views: 37
Would it show this on my timecard? I only see the time and a half..I worked today (labor day) and this is what It shows. I am a GMTL
I thought it was based It’s based on average hours
how is urs only 3.25 as gmtl?

Also the holiday pay isn’t also premium pay

Not sure. I checked it today and it changed to 7.25 holiday pay. So that will just be my regular rate? Or time and a half?

Not sure. I checked it today and it changed to 7.25 holiday pay. So that will just be my regular rate? Or time and a half?
Holiday pay is at your regular rate and I think it's based on your average hours. You can get up to 8 hours of holiday pay if your average hours is 40. If your average hours is 20 (half of 40), you get half of the possible 8 hours, which is 4 hours of pay. If you average 30 (three quarters of 40), you get 6 hours (three quarters of the possible 8).

Are you averaging 36.25 hours per week for the last 52 rolling weeks?

I'm assuming your holiday pay is less because you are a new hire so you average hours is less maybe? You get your usual rate for holiday pay and then whatever you actually work is the premium pay which is time and a half

Only tls get holiday pay and time and a half. Tms only get time and a half. Tms only get holiday pay for thanksgiving and Christmas.
Depends on the holiday. As a TM there are 3 holidays (I think?) that I get paid for whether I work them or not.

That other post says just the two, Thanksgiving and Christmas....but I swear I've gotten it at least one other day, as I have definitely had some days where I worked 8 hours, and got paid for 20. ie. 8 * 1.5 + 8.

Last edited:
Depends on the holiday. As a TM there are 3 holidays (I think?) that I get paid for whether I work them or not.

That other post says just the two, Thanksgiving and Christmas....but I swear I've gotten it at least one other day, as I have definitely had some days where I worked 8 hours, and got paid for 20. ie. 8 * 1.5 + 8.
Only 2. Thanksgiving and Christmas.

just thanksgiving and Christmas.

Back