Archived GSTL Sick of the Goose Stepping

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then I just sit there and take it, because I don't feel like I have any better options. Wow.

I did that for years, then I decided to get the hell out..... I am amazed I was able to take the abuse for as many years as I did. Most people can't..... I have seen TMs walk out 2 days after being hired as soon as someone screwed with them. (be it guest or ETL)

I stopped going to huddles because I couldn't stop giggling when someone said we were short staffed or short handed last night.

Truth is, we have an unusual amount of vertically challenged team members. I didn't think it was right to keep calling them out publicly.

And the short handed stuff, that's just mean. What are we? Circus freaks?

j/k

Our huddles are always them yelling at us, informing us that the store is a mess and we really need to "pound it out" tonight. Then, constantly throughout the night they coach us on the walkie and tell us to work faster. They also constantly screech that we haven't met our sales for the night and need to get more Red card apps... We all work our asses off during the shift, enduring their BS, to end the night w/: "Great job tonight guys, you did an awesome job!"

ONLY to come back the NEXT shift and hear the same BS all over again. Honestly, is the store EVER in DECENT shape? It seems like it's always in post apocalyptic condition and we have to clean up the mess in four short hours. Yikes, Spot!

A few years ago, our store maintenance guy (Sorry I forget the acronym ... SFM? Whatever.) left his self-review up on the screen on one of the computers. This was one of his sentences: "I have demonstrated the ability to demonstrate courage." I laughed out loud. What a bunch of crap! I wish I would had printed it so that I could bring it out for chuckles when I feel down.

I walked out of Spot almost a year ago (will be a year next month) and I am pretty sure the acronym is SFT...

Target lingo....I remember when our store first opened...one day we said....We need an LOD to come to TSC to let us into the cabinet for a PDA. We all laughed because of all the TGT lingo.

Yes, who would have thought that after just a couple of weeks at Target we'd ever be able to say what we did.....and everyone would understand it!

I agree with you on the overused words. I can't stand them but you have to use them. I think I'm going to start using them in the wrong way and see if anyone mentions anything.

Have to agree with State,not enough tms stand up for themselves,I try to help tms where possible and have gone to bat many times for others,sometimes it works,most times not because people take it,if people continue to take it,it will continue to be dished out,we might make fun of courage but it is in short supply because expectations are so low,Please everyone stand up for yourselvesand things might even improve.You never know.

Demonknight,
good luck with your difficult decision and you must do what is best for you and your family,as you well know,a lot of us have decided to stick with Target and for me at least it has taked a massive change of attitude,I do take my job very serious but I also treat working here as a game,I have seen dozens of etls come and go,on average one stl per year and the tl staff has been decimated ,and the ones that have stayed have had to adopt and be strong because,believe me there are no weak long timers around that I know of,it is a good company to be with in the long term but it does not seem like that is something that is desired by Target anymore because newer is better.For me I will leave when I am ready,I like it here in spite of all the stupid stuff,its just an "amazing game"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back