Archived GSTL transfer to a different state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I'm a GSTL and I have been working for Target since Q4. In around four months I'll be moving across the country with my spouse. In the beginning of the year I received a CCA for hitting my fifth hour (I'm in California). Will I be able to transfer? Should I let me ETL-HR know sooner rather than later? I'm not sure where we're moving to just yet.

I believe it's a six month wait if you are on a CA to transfer. Anyone know for sure?

It can be difficult to transfer as a TL because if the area you're moving to doesn't have a TL position open, they won't take you. Accordingly, you need to know what district/store you're moving to and let your HR know ASAP. For transfers, it's not really a big deal being on a CCA for meal compliance if you get a good recommendation. All other CCAs would raise red flags.

CCA for meal compliance in a state that's really strict on it shouldn't be a deal breaker unless they're looking for an excuse to not take you.

But as noted above, you won't be able to transfer to the same position if there aren't any openings.

Once you know the area you'll be moving to, let your ETL-HR and STL know and ask if they'd be willing to help you find a store. My STL reached out to a bunch of stores to try and find a spot for our longtime signing TM when they moved across the country.

Wait, compliance in Cali is a CA first time? Kids would be dropping off like flies here.

I also use target.com/careers. As someone who emails stores for tms asking abouy positions some stores are simply not very helpful or gloss over the emails. I find being proactive helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back