Archived guest complaining because a TM sent her to a wrong location

Status
Not open for further replies.
last week while working in market i was approached by a guest asking me about a name of a team member who just passed by me , so i did . later i asked about it . he was working in HBA and this lady was asking him for the location of a certain item which which was close to him but he sent her by mistake to the second floor .

do you guys think he would get in trouble? he is under 90 days . i feel bad for throwing him under the bus but i didn't know what her intention was

It happens once in a while.. I have sent guests to the wrong place cause they reset things and its now three isles over. Or cause I have some dyslexia I say make a right when I mean left.. Most of the time I catch it, sometimes not.. Guests have been trained we are only to be treated with less respect than dog crap..

We had a guest complain to the STL since a TM who gets migraines had to leave an area where this guests child was throwing a tantrum of epic proportions and the screaming was setting off a migraine.. I will say our STL showed me he isn't a total tool.. I guess his wife gets migraines so he had the TM's back.. And was like "Sorry your kid was making my TM sick and my TM did what they had to do. Other TM's were helping you."

I don't think anything is going to happen to this TM. I could see if he was saying "Go here... no go there.... no here" and getting in trouble but things get reset all the time so it was an honest mistake.

I have worked in market (mainly Pfresh) for almost seven years and I still don't know the aisles in dry that well. I always say "G30? 32? Somewhere around there." The total reset last year didn't help me either.

last week while working in market i was approached by a guest asking me about a name of a team member who just passed by me , so i did . later i asked about it . he was working in HBA and this lady was asking him for the location of a certain item which which was close to him but he sent her by mistake to the second floor .

do you guys think he would get in trouble? he is under 90 days . i feel bad for throwing him under the bus but i didn't know what her intention was
You could be written up for this.

I have the entire store practically memorized and even I have moments where I think "oh shit, I sent that guest to the wrong location." Even my leaders sometimes send guests to the wrong location and I have to correct them.

If you get in trouble for sending a guest to a wrong area then you have more important things to worry about, like someone in management that doesn't like you.

When in doubt - ask on the walky.

If I'm not sure, I will walk with the guest to the area I believe it will be in. Guests appreciate that effort more often than not, even if we don't carry said item or it's out of stock.

I will often accidentally send guests to the wrong location. I work in the front end, what the hell do I know? I'll often realize it like 2 minutes later, but it's too late by then. Just let me zone one spot in peace.

Worst are the guests that are sent to the right location, but they're too stupid or lazy to look for the item and they come back all pissed off. Then you show them where it is and they try to play off their stupidity.

They can't be bothered.

Which one? The OP for giving out his name or the new TM for accidentally sending the guest to the wrong area?
The OP for giving out the name. The OP should have reffered the guest to an LOD. Also the team member could of had a safe and secure plan in place, the OP could of caused a huge security issue for that team member. For example the team members Ex boyfriend could of sent a death threat to that team member, saying he is going to send someone in the store to kill her. so a safe and secure plan was issued. In the safe and secure plan the team member is allowed not to wear a name tag, so guest's don't know the name of that team memeber. Now the OP gave out the name of the team member, which is a breach of safe and secure plan. It goes under the same rule of not giving out a team members working hours out , or confirming if the team member is at work or not. For example if someone asks you " is bob working right now? " you have to refer them to the LOD. Giving out a name is just a huge security issue, and the OP can be put on a FINAL for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back