Guest gave me a Target gift card! What should I do?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who's training to be an etl ap, trust me when I say do NOT use the card. Tell your etl ap the next time you see them.

I don't believe anyone that says trust me with no other details or information given. I somehow feel that if the gift card it given to ap, they will use it themselves. Seems like many here are into cheap scare tactics

Geez. I wonder why those 10+ TMs got fired for gift card abuse?

Target tends to be very slow with firings and issues like these, they tend to give people a lot of rope to hang themselves with. I highly doubt that They would fire a employee over one gift card, they would wait to see a history of it happening with the same person.

You should try it then and test your theory.

If a guest gave me a gift card and told me to keep it I would KEEP it. I also would keep any tip that is offered to me. Target does not pay team member enough to turn down tips.

You can't or at least shouldn't be considered a high end store, like many see target, and pay slave wages.

Well, this guest would not take no for an answer. I would've called a GSTL over, but he was in a hurry and too busy talking on the phone. I had a feeling he wouldn't want to spend more time than he has to at Target talking to a GSTL.

I typically tell them to give it to a friend or to the next person in line.

"Thank you. But by Target policy, I am not able to accept tips or rewards from guests."

if they continue...

"Again thank you. But failing to adhere to this company policy may result in my correction or termination."

if they continue...

report it and turn it over to your TL/ETL

As someone who's training to be an etl ap, trust me when I say do NOT use the card. Tell your etl ap the next time you see them.

I told my GSTL about what happened and I handed her the gift card. She thanked ne for letting her know, and she said that she would take care of it. There wasn't anyone from AP when I clocked in this morning.

This sounds fake and made up to me. I highly doubt that Target can track gift cards like this. Target can't afford modern working equipment, or to pay employees a living wage but they can afford to track gift cards. If this is true it makes Target seem even worse to me.

No he's absolutely right. While a lot of Target tech sucks, AP has plenty of tools to catch this.

I have a long list of tms fired or on finals for gift card fraud.

If a guest gave me a gift card and told me to keep it I would KEEP it. I also would keep any tip that is offered to me. Target does not pay team member enough to turn down tips.

You have the right to do that but the company also has the right to fire you for it.

I would have to go over the handbook again but I'm pretty sure it says you cannot accept tips. You signed an acknowledgement form during orientation so no you cannot plead ignorance on this one.

This sounds fake and made up to me. I highly doubt that Target can track gift cards like this. Target can't afford modern working equipment, or to pay employees a living wage but they can afford to track gift cards. If this is true it makes Target seem even worse to me.

People like this are one reason why loss prevention/AP has a job. Deflect and justify, it might work.

To buy food for you. You were suggesting they were taking it and spending it on themselves.

You are usually good at trolling but that was a weak effort
Nah. it's food for the team. The team doesn't deserve food. Otherwise they would of a got a tip.

I keep all times. Especially during the winter when I have to STS carryouts in the snow.

We track everything lol

I'd believe it. Had a call come in one night from an upset guest, she said that her son (I think a minor) was shorted $20 when the cashier gave him the change. I talked to the LOD, she told me that AP would have to check the cameras of the transaction the next day, no one was there that night that could do it, and I relayed the information to the guest. But I was totally amazed that the cameras are so sensitive they can see the denominations being handled. Another time, me remembering an item from a cash transaction was apparently helpful to AP, I was given to understand they could use that to get a timestamp for when to review the cameras.

Wow, all your posts in this thread are ridiculously ignorant. If you don't know anything aboout AP, why post nonsense like this? You clearly have 0 idea how AP (or Target) works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back