Archived Guest Service and Front end: Use the iPad app to find the missing DPCI's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

talan123

Team Member/Troll
Just type the description of the product into the application and it shows a picture of what it finds & the DPCI. Here's how you do it...

1. Search for the item at target.com
  2. Find the item on the screen and touch it (not in a bad way).
  3. When the item has been touched look at the right side of the screen and look for "see full details at target.com" and touch that.
  4. It will say "View at target.com! This link will open in Safari." Touch the OK button again.
  5. When safari opens, scroll down to the overview and look at the right column. The DPCI number is under Store Item Number.

I already do this on my phone ;)

For those that quickly point out that we shouldn't be using them on the floor: I've been very clear with my TL and LOD that I would much rather risk getting in trouble for whipping out my phone and helping a guest, than to tell that same guest that I can't help them and watch them walk away disappoint. I'm just feeling the Vibe and increasing sales in the process! If I get written up for that, then whatever :p

Just keep in mind, some items with the same freaking packaging will sometimes have 2 or 3 different DPCI's based on where they were manufactured, or if they were specially made for a certain state.

Just keep in mind, some items with the same freaking packaging will sometimes have 2 or 3 different DPCI's based on where they were manufactured, or if they were specially made for a certain state.

Like the identical 10-packs of AA batteries that have 3 DPCIs so that they'll be pushed to different locations (Lane 17, Electronics, random sidecaps on the sales floor)? I find those everywhere that we have batteries except where they're actually supposed to go because Guest Service doesn't Smart Sort them.

Like the identical 10-packs of AA batteries that have 3 DPCIs so that they'll be pushed to different locations (Lane 17, Electronics, random sidecaps on the sales floor)? I find those everywhere that we have batteries except where they're actually supposed to go because Guest Service doesn't Smart Sort them.

Throw all the batteries together for Electronics? The AA 4-pack, 6-pack, 8-pack, 10-pack, 12-pack, the 10+2-pack, 16-pack, 9 1/2-pack, 2.718-pack and only a couple of them actually have a location even near that part of the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back