Guest service hanging style quarantine returns

So my ETL is cracking down on the opening team because they always leave the desk a mess so now we can maintain with style quarantine throughout the night . We also have 3 closers now because we have a high volume of returns & drive ups so it all worked out

Time to wipe away the tears, put on your adult underwear and do the job you've been told to do. Don't like the job? Quit.
Time to wipe away the tears, put on your adult underwear and do the job you've been told to do. Don't like the job? Quit.
The whole “do what you’re told with no questions asked” thing Is just sad. If it’s something I don’t 100% agree with I’m gonna respectfully ask questions and try to find a good medium which we did professionally .Just because they’re the boss doesn’t mean they’re always right.

Just because they’re the boss doesn’t mean they’re always right.
There is a huge difference between a supervisor being wrong about applying a policy and the entirety of the chain of command being wrong by creating and enforcing company wide policy.

Even if the latter is wrong, you can't change policy by questioning it nicely.

And if it's part of the job description then why did you apply if you weren't willing to do the tasks in the job description?

There is a huge difference between a supervisor being wrong about applying a policy and the entirety of the chain of command being wrong by creating and enforcing company wide policy.

Even if the latter is wrong, you can't change policy by questioning it nicely.

And if it's part of the job description then why did you apply if you weren't willing to do the tasks in the job description?
Well we were able to find a medium while still following policy. And to be honest not every Target does everything the same and goes by the books letter by letter. It wasn’t the policy I was indifferent about it was the way the manager handled it so I spoke up. He said it was a corporate thing and I understood so we brainstormed and found an easy way to do it By following policy

We quit that quarantine crap months ago.
We have apparently stopped as well. I'm fine with it, as it was a pain in the ass, especially when someone didn't process it for a day or two and then I would come in to a ridiculous pile.

We have apparently stopped as well. I'm fine with it, as it was a pain in the ass, especially when someone didn't process it for a day or two and then I would come in to a ridiculous pile.
When all this started it was first kept in my area. I knew the space would not be large enough cause we had to keep it for several days. They than closed dressing rooms and moved it to there. Loved that. Than moved it back to my area don't know why dressing rooms still closed. Thankfully only kept a 24 hrs. Still messy but better. Thankfully no longer holding it.

I wish we quit this quarantine crap, we really only have 1 style Tl, the ETL just left, another TL is quitting, and one got in a car wreck. We always have at least 8 bins quarentine for style at any given time and it puts my productivity in the toilet for fulfillment trying to look for a quarter of a batch in there. We will normally get like 6+ bins a day from returns and probably 12 on a weekend. Not to mention all the returned clothing that doesn't have tags or the tag falls off in the bin or in the fitting room and it gets counted when they do the RFID cycle only to be inf'd a day or 2 later.

Back