Archived Guest Services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'll be getting trained for guest services pretty soon. I'm only getting trained about 20 minutes? As far as my schedule says. Now with that aside. Any tips? Or reference for I to read ahead of time? Or anything that will be helpful. Like with CVS Pharmacy you could go online and read modules on different positions and different areas of the store, does target provides that? Or do I have to ask.

20 minutes?
TWENTY FREAKIN' MINUTES!?
Time to run screaming into the night.
In the interim, check the thread under Guides.

Training? What training?

Cause I can even tell you and I only defect stuff and do simple returns at guest service as a back up, you are seriously getting shafted on training.

That's ok my store decided on a whim it wanted to get me trained at guest services in 15 min, needless to say I turned down that offer.

That's ok my store decided on a whim it wanted to get me trained at guest services in 15 min, needless to say I turned down that offer.

I declined this as well since it didn't include any bump in pay.

I declined this as well since it didn't include any bump in pay.

Serious question: do you think your lack of effort in this instance will affect your chances to get a bump in pay later?

No, not at all worried about that. And I don't see it as a "lack of effort" either. I do alot of things that my fellow cashiers won't do without being asked, such as running reshop to the service desk, collecting hangers, collecting baskets and running them over to the doors, straightening out the carts, etc. I am typically green for my guest surveys (my store has been running alot of red lately), have great attendance and am known for getting RedCards. Spot doesn't tend to fairly compensate TMs for picking up extra skills. Therefore, I choose not to work the service desk (dealing with at times questionable returns and scammers) or the self checks (doing the work of 6 cashiers). The extra dime that I MAY get at my next review just isn't worth it. If Target offered a more substantial bump for these skills, I would give it some thought. However, with what Spot offers at this point, the stress isn't worth it for me personally.

You will have guests give you bad reviews happens all the timr.
Yup, have had it happen from time to time. Can't please everyone all the time, no matter what you do. Just gotta do the best you can do.

No, not at all worried about that. And I don't see it as a "lack of effort" either. I do alot of things that my fellow cashiers won't do without being asked, such as running reshop to the service desk, collecting hangers, collecting baskets and running them over to the doors, straightening out the carts, etc. I am typically green for my guest surveys (my store has been running alot of red lately), have great attendance and am known for getting RedCards. Spot doesn't tend to fairly compensate TMs for picking up extra skills. Therefore, I choose not to work the service desk (dealing with at times questionable returns and scammers) or the self checks (doing the work of 6 cashiers). The extra dime that I MAY get at my next review just isn't worth it. If Target offered a more substantial bump for these skills, I would give it some thought. However, with what Spot offers at this point, the stress isn't worth it for me personally.

Right on. I worded my post poorly. Sorry if it seemed accusatory or rude. I was genuinely curious as I see similar mentalities a lot.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back