Service & Engagement Guests and the Target Circle PIN-pad prompt location

For those of you who are Cashiers aka Advocates, how many times per day have your guests started typing their Target Circle number in the wrong spot on the PIN pad? Is Corporate capable of improving the interface so that the red-screen Target Circle box is more obvious as the starting point for entering their number?

Now that our stores are focusing more on increasing loyalty numbers -- usage of Circle and Redcards -- this is not a trivial issue since we want guests to input their number, yet 2/3rds of them input their number in the wrong spot, causing the loud beep and requiring us to point them to the red-screen Circle box.

For those of you who are Cashiers aka Advocates, how many times per day have your guests started typing their Target Circle number in the wrong spot on the PIN pad? Is Corporate capable of improving the interface so that the red-screen Target Circle box is more obvious as the starting point for entering their number?

Now that our stores are focusing more on increasing loyalty numbers -- usage of Circle and Redcards -- this is not a trivial issue since we want guests to input their number, yet 2/3rds of them input their number in the wrong spot, causing the loud beep and requiring us to point them to the red-screen Circle box.
Do you mean they start typing before they hit enter phone number? Easy fix for Corp: if they start typing, just switch to the enter number screen.

I wish it was already ready for them to input their number. I tell them to hit the white bar if they start typing first.
This is exactly the problem. The overwhelming majority of other stores where you input a number for "rewards" allow their customers to begin typing first.

Since we're really focused on boosting loyalty percentages, I'm ending up telling guests, over and over and over, to hit the white bar inside the red display before typing. It's getting kind of annoying, our guests are fairly intelligent and accustomed to how other stores handle "loyalty" number input.

Last edited:
Now that I'm proactively inviting people to input their number for their Circle rewards (boosting our loyalty numbers) at least five times an hour I have to point guests who are typing in the wrong spot to click on the white bar inside the red display.

Why won't corporate simply let them type the number directly on the PIN pad, just like at other stores like Walgreens or Safeway, instead of complicating things?

Back