Archived Guests throwing their full handbaskets at you to dig in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the guests who grab a handbasket and then proceed to just stuff it and come to my lane. I grab the breakables and squishables and then tip it. I had a guest ask what the hell I thought I was doing. Since I was frustrated (supposed to be prepping ad, had been at work for four hours already, hadn't taken a break yet or even started ad), I told them that I thought I was ringing up their items, but was there something else they wanted me to do instead? The guest just looked at me, saw that their handbasket full of crap was all over my express lane conveyer belt and said no. She then handed me a pile of coupons that expired last year and got pissy again.

I really, really, dislike this. I'd say hate but I'm saving that special spot for some of the other games guests play. I just feel like it's incredibly rude. Every guest I've had do this always has an attitude as well. I can tell exactly how the transaction is going to play out based on seeing the fully loaded basket being set down. I especially enjoy it when they wait until the very last minute to set the basket on the belt, but because the guest behind them has already emptied their cart onto the belt the only space to set the basket down is on the divider between the belt and the scale. (Hopefully that made sense... having difficulty with the wordses and the sentences making. So tired... :wacko:)

I really, really, dislike this. I'd say hate but I'm saving that special spot for some of the other games guests play. I just feel like it's incredibly rude. Every guest I've had do this always has an attitude as well. I can tell exactly how the transaction is going to play out based on seeing the fully loaded basket being set down. I especially enjoy it when they wait until the very last minute to set the basket on the belt, but because the guest behind them has already emptied their cart onto the belt the only space to set the basket down is on the divider between the belt and the scale. (Hopefully that made sense... having difficulty with the wordses and the sentences making. So tired... :wacko:)

So true.

I had a guest who had a cart full of stuff piled on the conveyor. We were 1+4, both GSAs and both GSTLs were checking while the LODs were "speedweaving." Guest stood there, watching me check/bag. I asked him to move his cart up and start loading bags because I'd run out of room. He said, "Uh, I think that's your job."

When I dropped the next bag over the checkstand, next to his foot, he miraculously got the message and started loading his cart. My LOD burst out laughing. Later he said, "I thought you were gonna smack him in the face with that bag. And I wouldn't have blamed you."

Honestly, I don't mind loading a guest's cart if we aren't terribly backed up and if the guest is nice. But really? That's my job? Bite me.

Some guests!

I think I had some of their relatives in my line yesterday.
Sometimes I can hand off bags to kids while asking them to help & they'll usually oblige while Mom is off in clueless city.
Only once did I have a mom tell her kid NOT to help because it was MY job.
I'd love for her to tell her kid to do something at home only to have him tell her that it's HER job but I'm sure she'd smack him.

It all. gets. dumped. I dump the baskets that they don't empty, and I dump the bags that they don't open for me at guest service. I'm not sticking my hand into the land of the unknown, sorry.

I dumped a basket the other day and broke the lid on someone's shampoo lol. He sent his wife to get another bottle of it.

I hate when they don't wanna put their clothes on the belt (I don't have a problem with that aspect) but then they hand me multiple items at once and they don't want me to touch the clothes to the belt. I can't remove the hangers, scan and bag 4 shirts on hangers at once. I have two hands!

From a guest perspective, I hate cashiers that ball my clothes up. I know a few that always do this, so I take the time out to fold everything and leave the tag/barcode accessible... and they open the things up and ball em up! Or they ball it tighter while it's folded. Every fucking time!! If I'm not paying attention to it, I end up with wrinkled clothes. Idk. You don't have to fold it perfectly, but anything is better than balling it up.

From a guest perspective, I hate cashiers that ball my clothes up. I know a few that always do this, so I take the time out to fold everything and leave the tag/barcode accessible... and they open the things up and ball em up! Or they ball it tighter while it's folded. Every fucking time!! If I'm not paying attention to it, I end up with wrinkled clothes. Idk. You don't have to fold it perfectly, but anything is better than balling it up.

Cue: "If I wanted to fold clothes, I would've applied for softlines!"

I dumped a basket the other day and broke the lid on someone's shampoo lol. He sent his wife to get another bottle of it.

I hate when they don't wanna put their clothes on the belt (I don't have a problem with that aspect) but then they hand me multiple items at once and they don't want me to touch the clothes to the belt. I can't remove the hangers, scan and bag 4 shirts on hangers at once. I have two hands!

I hate when guests complain about how I "fold" their clothes in pharmacy when they've covered the counter with their crap. We don't have much counter space to begin with and I "try" to fold the clothes, but I can't do a perfect job with nowhere to do it so I do the best I can.

BTW, don't you wash them before you wear them anyway? I always do because who knows how many people have tried them on before me....:swoon:

I'd never take clothes over to Pharmacy to checkout. I go to the pharmacy then do the rest of my shopping. I don't wash most of my clothes before wearing them. Do you not try things on at all? What happens once you've washed an item, then put it on and it doesn't fit the way you thought it would? I've charged things back because of people's deodorant marks and BO. Some lady tried some dresses on, and she smelled horrendous. I could tell she was au naturale, deodorant-free... and she left pit smell all over the dresses. The worst. No one tries on underwear if you're worried about that. If any slip by me by mistake, I just charge it back.

I never actually complain to a cashier. If I notice it, I fix it, but not in front of the cashiers haha. (I also won't fix things in front of a guest if they tried their best to fix it, themselves.) One day I bought a faux leather jacket, didn't realize it was all balled up and tossed it in my locker. It was so bad when I got it home. The wrinkles fell out after a few days of hanging. So happy there was no jacket weather prior to that.

Also, I try really hard not to judge cashiers for not folding. I've noticed the only people who really do it are softlines TMs who are up for backup or doing a cashier shift (probably why I do it) and we're probably better at folding without a surface than most people

The last Target I worked at had only a couple feet to stack bags, when that got full and the guest hadn't made a move to put the bags in their cart I would stack them on the floor. This usually got the guest moving. At the Super Target I'm at now we have a lot more room, but there are still guests who don't put bags in their carts till they've paid and are ready to leave. I just keep piling them up and if something gets squashed, too bad. The ones who go to Pharmacy with veggies or fruit that need to be weighed really bugged me, they can't seem to understand when I say "I'm sorry I can't do this here, we don't have scales." They look at me like I have two heads or something. But with all this I'd rather have these problems than the guest who can't put their phone down long enough to even say Hi. :hi:

We don't weigh produce at my store. It's all priced per item. There are lists of the 4-digit codes for all the items at the register. I didn't realize other Targets weighed it. I guess weighing probably works better in stores with larger produce sections.

Super Target's weigh produce. Most of the produce at a super is sold at a price per pound. PFresh sells produce by the each, where every piece of a specific fruit or vegetable is the same price regardless of the its weight.

I work in a P-Fresh, and I am so glad we don't have to weigh produce. It keeps things simple for us at the lanes. :D

I'd never take clothes over to Pharmacy to checkout. I go to the pharmacy then do the rest of my shopping. I don't wash most of my clothes before wearing them. Do you not try things on at all? What happens once you've washed an item, then put it on and it doesn't fit the way you thought it would? I've charged things back because of people's deodorant marks and BO. Some lady tried some dresses on, and she smelled horrendous. I could tell she was au naturale, deodorant-free... and she left pit smell all over the dresses. The worst. No one tries on underwear if you're worried about that. If any slip by me by mistake, I just charge it back.

I never actually complain to a cashier. If I notice it, I fix it, but not in front of the cashiers haha. (I also won't fix things in front of a guest if they tried their best to fix it, themselves.) One day I bought a faux leather jacket, didn't realize it was all balled up and tossed it in my locker. It was so bad when I got it home. The wrinkles fell out after a few days of hanging. So happy there was no jacket weather prior to that.

No, I'll try it on, but I won't wear it for an extended period of time without washing it. I buy everything a little big anyway so if it shrinks a little, it's not really much of an issue ;) If something smelled bad on the rack, I wouldn't buy it OR try it on....

I always laugh to myself (never out loud or at them, though!) when guests do this. Do you have any idea how many times that has probably been on the floor already? Unless there is an obvious spill on the belt, it's probably much cleaner than the floor!

I always laugh to myself (never out loud or at them, though!) when guests do this. Do you have any idea how many times that has probably been on the floor already? Unless there is an obvious spill on the belt, it's probably much cleaner than the floor!

I find it amusing when they still insist on doing that even after seeing me clean the belt.

I've mentioned this before but considering the number of times that I've had to hang signs in softlines and clothes have gotten hung up on the Wave only to be driven over I suspect being on your belt is the least of their worries.

Multiple people, at least 3 in a row, did the belt avoiding thing the other day. I was so fed up by the third person. She was handing me all these items on hangers, so I just removed the item closest to me from the hanger, instead of taking the things from her. She just watched me scoff at 2 people about the same thing. I was visibly annoyed... and I actually laughed, audibly, at one guest. It was a bad night. I struggled to stay completely composed.

what's more annoying is when someone wants to take crap out of the basket when I'm ready to start scanning. Don't. it's too late. I'll do it. But what truly takes the cake is when someone wants to leave a cart full of their paid or unpaid selections while they go shopping in the mall. <- the joy of working at a target connected to a mall.

But what truly takes the cake is when someone wants to leave a cart full of their paid or unpaid selections while they go shopping in the mall. <- the joy of working at a target connected to a mall.

Just tell them it's against store policy (because it probably is). We only allow it at my store if the guest is just running to the restroom.

I had two guests the other day that had about 6 big items and maybe 30 small ones. They left literally everything in the cart, and I had to ask for each item one by one. They spent about $400 and it was my slowest and most painful transaction yet.

I had two guests the other day that had about 6 big items and maybe 30 small ones. They left literally everything in the cart, and I had to ask for each item one by one. They spent about $400 and it was my slowest and most painful transaction yet.

I would have just stood there until they unloaded the cart. I wouldn't have asked for things. I hate when guests seem to be afraid to place stuff on the belt, especially clothes. I know the belt can be dusty and sometimes wet from frozen food, but you do plan on washing your clothes before you wear them right? I try to do my best to wipe any nasty spills off the belt as soon as possible. I really hate the containers for the roasted chickens. They don't close properly and the juice from the chicken easily spills out, which can be time consuming to clean because it's greasy from the chicken. Sorry, rant over.

The guest not unloading their baskets beforehand doesn't necessarily bother me, but it is sometimes helpful if it's backed up and busy.

I get the whole not wanting their clothes not on the conveyor belt, but at least give it to me one at a time because it's a pain trying to unwrap each ball of clothing to get the tag and then put it in a bag.

The one thing that annoys me the most is when people bring their recyclable bags. I have no problem with you using them, but if you have a ton of items, please don't just stand there and stare at me while I struggle trying to keep the bag open and not just collapse because I can't hold the items, scan them and hold the bag open at the same time. I just wish they would hold the bag open, it'd be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back