Archived Had my first chat session today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was approached by HRTL today and was told that i keep him in a good mood, so hopefully this means i havent messed up my chances of being invited to the next one

I don't work for Target.

At least, not yet, but I am bemused by people complaining about not being "invited" to something that if it were me, I'd avoid like the plague to start with.

These "chat sessions" sound like a huge waste of time to me.

A personal example.

I was working at a grocery store where there was a good deal of discord among the front end people and so there was a meeting of all of the front end managers with the store manage and lead assistant manager.

This wasn't an "invitation," it was a mandatory meeting, on what was supposed to be my day off.

I was then verbally reprimanded for showing up in shorts.

I was like, just be glad I'm here at all.

The real waste of time was, out of nearly two dozen front end managers, there were all of two who were responsible for most of the discord.

However, I'm not stupid enough to stand there and say that in front of them. Especially given they were both senior to me and so meeting equaled total waste of time.

I did later have a quiet and private word with the store manager about what was the real source of the problems.

In my opinion, management having an open door policy, which this company did, makes a lot more sense than bundle everybody together for a group chat.

We didn't either. TLs have meetings but they aren't chat sessions they are called something else ( blanking on the name) it's basically to talk about team members performances and vote for great team hero ( which is gone now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back