Archived Handbook Section Relating to Firearms/Explosives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

signingminion

WAVing in the air like I just don't care
Misplaced my current handbook (I have the old one though-figures), can anyone write out or take me a pic of the section that applies to firearms/explosives with regards to Spot? I want to be able to "speak to" the specific issue when I talk to the DTL or the hotline-whichever comes first.

Target's property, Target's rules. It's the same reason why you can't mouth off and generally be a dick while on the clock by exercising your right to Free Speech.

Target won't press charges against you, but they can choose not to have you work there.

Misplaced my current handbook (I have the old one though-figures), can anyone write out or take me a pic of the section that applies to firearms/explosives with regards to Spot? I want to be able to "speak to" the specific issue when I talk to the DTL or the hotline-whichever comes first.
It is suggested to talk to etl ap or your stl about the event. Document everything.

I talked to etl-hr but the behavior did not stop. Not sure aptl has the balls to push it with this individual, and I know the stl does not. Not sure when the apbp will be in next so dtl or hotline is my next choice.

Thanks for the help. That page covers it perfectly.

Target's property, Target's rules. It's the same reason why you can't mouth off and generally be a dick while on the clock by exercising your right to Free Speech.

Target won't press charges against you, but they can choose not to have you work there.

"Free Speech" is the freedom from government limitations on speech. Target can limit speech inside its stores because Target is not the government.

If you were in my home and started cursing me out, I'm not required to let you.

I talked to etl-hr but the behavior did not stop. Not sure aptl has the balls to push it with this individual, and I know the stl does not. Not sure when the apbp will be in next so dtl or hotline is my next choice.

Thanks for the help. That page covers it perfectly.
Don't know the details but it sounds like "be careful" concerning the individual.

Can't remember if it's the same store-side or not, but at the DC, we're not allowed to keep them in our vehicles. This has come up a lot since a lot of people like to go hunting straight after shift. Note: this may just be for the DC, since we have a gated private parking lot

I keep mine in my truck.
Can't remember if it's the same store-side or not, but at the DC, we're not allowed to keep them in our vehicles. This has come up a lot since a lot of people like to go hunting straight after shift. Note: this may just be for the DC, since we have a gated private parking lot
The policy according to the image of the handbook posted above is no weapons on Target property, which usually includes the parking lot. Not sure if it's covered when the parking lot is owned by the real estate/development company.

Does it have any comments about if we're allowed to do slow motion dives through a Z-rack while the camera pans around us? It goes without saying this would invite a "NOOOOOOOO" as well.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

People keep forgeting the "well regulated" part...
And politicians keep forgetting the "shall not be infringed" part. Back when the amendment was written, the milita was the common man, and well regulated meant they needed to be able to stand in line and fire the gun.

And politicians keep forgetting the "shall not be infringed" part. Back when the amendment was written, the milita was the common man, and well regulated meant they needed to be able to stand in line and fire the gun.
Exactly I don't understand why people don't know history.

Back when the amendemt was written guns wre not the killing machines they are today. You had one shot then you had to reload.

Just for the recored I do own guns to protect my home. I just think that some rules are needed to control who owns what.

The "well-regulated militia" has been replaced with an army & the NRA is doing their part to ensure that nobody's 'right' to carry is infringed.
As Signkitty said, the 2nd amendment was written in another time when there wasn't a regular army to protect the state. Given that there's very little to keep guns out of the hands of nutcases, wife-beaters, conspiracy flakes & cop-wannabes it's past time to change gun ownership from a 'right' to a 'privilege'.
Driving a car is a 'privilege'; you have to demonstrate ability, pay for the license & insurance, renew said license/insurance, be ready to pull out proof when asked by law enforcement.
Why shouldn't you be expected to do the same with a gun, which has one purpose only - to kill?
Gun control laws aren't really effective because they're usually watered down by opponents until they're useless (theater shooter, anyone?) & many lawful gun owners fail to secure their weapon or do something equally stupid & people still die, many of them children.
Too many guns wind up in the hands of irresponsible idiots who don't take ownership seriously, treating it like a badass man-toy.
One thing that needs to happen is holding owners accountable for what their weapons are used for by losing their right to own a gun EVER AGAIN if an innocent person dies as a result of their negligence. The exception would be if their gun was stolen from a secured location (yes, it does happen) & they reported it immediately to law enforcement.
I can't tolerate these idiots who keep justifying more guns after every horrific event. Even the Newtown shootings.
This has to stop now.

What we need to do is enforce the laws already on hand, not create more restrictions that apply only to those who already follow the law.
Criminals don't, by definition, follow the law. That's a large part of why I have a job. Why would those that don't follow existing laws suddenly start followingetting new ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back