MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

We're three weeks into our remodel and still haven't gotten our fixtures... and still don't know when they're going to show up.
They've had us working in bedding/kitchen, trying to get ahead of schedule since we can't do any more work in softlines without our fixtures. Today we just ended up joining flow and doing no remodel work and it seems like it'll be like that tomorrow too.

I haven't posted a lot about E2E in my store but have some things I've noticed/wanted to share!

One thing I have noticed with E2E that is helpful is that our store has had a lot of improvement in Softlines zones because there are less opportunities than before, but unfortunately we seem to have a ton of overstock, even with backstocking items daily (because some of the members of the "Style Team" still want to backstock whilst the rest don't :/. That's partly in the bad selection of some other workcentre transfers leadership is trying out. Some are working well, but others - not so much)...But, the handful of times I've closed in a zone with this roll-out, I have noticed a fair improvement.

We don't have any new fixtures or anything different besides new mannequins yet. But, we definitely have some work changes, and I've noticed a lot of weaker TMs being moved out of SLs or put into areas in which they are still helpful if they're not being moved from SL. The turnover has lessened by a lot. We've only had one recent TM leave Target where we had double digit amounts before TMs were placed where they could perform better instead of being overwhelmed. We got a new fresh-out-of-training ETL who has lots of new ideas as well as a new SLTL who is moving over from the Cafe/Starbucks TL role. Since our less-than-pleasant previous SLTL is moving over to the role of being our CTL, I think the new leadership seems hopeful. I miss our old ETL-SF already, though. :-( I like that the new ETL has been talking individually to TMs to get to know them and the store.

I haven't been any of the seasonal hires yet. It will be interesting to see the new team once I return from vacation.

Alrighty kids...sltl insists one ordering folding boards but wants the one piece flat white ones. I'm only finding one for infants. Are there ones for kids and adults or is she shit out of luck?

We have the adult one. No one and I mean no one uses it. I'm gonna have to scrounge around and see if I can find it. If it has any numbers I will post but I bet these boards are a bl

We have the adult one. No one and I mean no one uses it. I'm gonna have to scrounge around and see if I can find it. If it has any numbers I will post but I bet these boards are a bl
We rarely use the table that goes on a cart let alone the folding boards. But sltl outs from outside and in her experience they make all the difference. I'm just trying to make dreams happen.

Our SrSLTL would love us to use folding boards. I asked her if she wanted the zones complete or the tables perfect because realistically you cannot expect both on the time allotment we are given. I did not give her grief over the matter, mind. It was just a calm inquiry and an explanation that most of our team fold faster on body than on board so folding boards were going to slow them down a lot. You'd have perfect tables for sure... but the zone? no. So she gave up that idea. Don't know if it will come back with the remodel but for now most of our team body folds.

Our softlines is a mess :mad: There are carts and carts as well as Z-rails full of reshop that no one has any time to get to. We are getting a truck every day except Sunday until further notice according to our ETL-LOG. Its so frustrating. We have so many new tms who are just slow when it comes to pushing truck, doing reshop, or well...anything. I also do not think my TLs are distributing the workload appropriately, and apparently leadership agrees. Taking over price change or anything else for that matter ain't happening. Would love to hear some input from anybody from high-volume stores.
Have you tried adding some of the reshop to the truck you push each morning? We've been doing that and assigning areas to specific team members and it's helped to keep the reshop manageable.

124 Pogs in SL next week.... just informed that plano can't help. Going to be an interesting week.
><

Here, plano is taking care of the major stuff: intimates, shoes, and the mens jean wall I think. We're doing kids and the rest of the mens. Every tm was scheduled 40 hours who is available and part timers were scheduled to their maximum availability. Meanwhile, only myself and two other tms have ever done a POG. We got this lol!

Have you tried adding some of the reshop to the truck you push each morning? We've been doing that and assigning areas to specific team members and it's helped to keep the reshop manageable.

Interesting. But doesn't adding it in take a while? Lately our flow folks are still detrashing after 8am when we come in. We're trying to grab the push from them as soon as possible.

How many hours?

Have no idea... let me see if I can find my copy of the adjacency calendar for that week.....

*wanders off whistling*

70.7 hours in Intimates + 29 hrs in Kids + 52 hrs in shoes for a grand total of 186.1 hrs in softlines for the week of 7/16.... and it will take me weeks to get it done. We have another TM tackling shoes all by herself and yes, neither one of us is going to finish this in a week. Even with 40 hrs each, it isn't doable. (And fortunately our leadership knows this and has no unrealistic expectations). Lucky those of you who have Plano helping out.

Oh and our men's jean wall didn't show up under transition workload or adjacency calendar. The only way I knew it was due was that it was on the online planogram list for this week - 7/9. It's the women's jean wall that is due the week of 7/16 with all the other million and one things...

Interesting. But doesn't adding it in take a while? Lately our flow folks are still detrashing after 8am when we come in. We're trying to grab the push from them as soon as possible.
I'm honestly not sure how it's done most of the time. I remember the way I've done in the past is that we would bring the reshop z racks from the Fitting Room and move them to where the breakout process was taking place. Then the people assigned to those areas would move the reshop onto the racks for their assigned areas. I don't think we ever added stuff from our bins, but it's been a while since I last helped with it.

Have no idea... let me see if I can find my copy of the adjacency calendar for that week.....

*wanders off whistling*

70.7 hours in Intimates + 29 hrs in Kids + 52 hrs in shoes for a grand total of 186.1 hrs in softlines for the week of 7/16.... and it will take me weeks to get it done. We have another TM tackling shoes all by herself and yes, neither one of us is going to finish this in a week. Even with 40 hrs each, it isn't doable. (And fortunately our leadership knows this and has no unrealistic expectations). Lucky those of you who have Plano helping out.
Wow last time i saw the whole team of plano spent 2 o 3 days in intimates , because our is a disaster pantie bins and racks ... all planos tl hates softlines i think

Wow last time i saw the whole team of plano spent 2 o 3 days in intimates , because our is a disaster pantie bins and racks ... all planos tl hates softlines i think

Well, I can definitely agree with their HATE of intimates. No matter how many times you have someone go and sort the panty bins, the idiot guests are constantly mixing them up. I cannot understand the concept of not putting something back where you got it from. Hoping this new E2E break out will solve some of this going forward. We're actually going to have a TM assigned to the upkeep up of Intimates. I hope it works.

My store's intimates dept is a messs too. Maybe two weeks ago, I was closing on the floor for the first time in forever and the lod came to check in on me and I told her the lack of care in that dept was obvious and terrible. I swear they care about every dept except mens, accessories and intimates/active/maternity. Two days later, they actually had people zoning over there. We zoned up the whole thing last week, but it's probably crappy again already :/. It was so nice to see the area all organized. And I kinda like zoning. I get a nice sense of accomplishment when it's over and I feel like it's easy to just sorta zone out and get into it.

My store's intimates dept is a messs too. Maybe two weeks ago, I was closing on the floor for the first time in forever and the lod came to check in on me and I told her the lack of care in that dept was obvious and terrible. I swear they care about every dept except mens, accessories and intimates/active/maternity. Two days later, they actually had people zoning over there. We zoned up the whole thing last week, but it's probably crappy again already :/. It was so nice to see the area all organized. And I kinda like zoning. I get a nice sense of accomplishment when it's over and I feel like it's easy to just sorta zone out and get into it.
That's funny because my store is the same way in those departments, yet they're our top departments, aside from swim.

How are you doing with the planos in softlines???? Do you have time to update capacities?

Oh hell no... not right now I don't. :) No time for that with 124 pogs on my shoulders. lol Setting in intimates. Actually had one person to help today. We killed 10 Pogs today and I did 5 on my own yesterday. So, 15 out of 43 Pogs down in Intimates. Here's hoping I have help tomorrow too.

It wouldn't be so slow going if it were properly zoned but we're playing "hunt the bras" after almost every set. ><

Oh hell no... not right now I don't. :) No time for that with 124 pogs on my shoulders. lol Setting in intimates. Actually had one person to help today. We killed 10 Pogs today and I did 5 on my own yesterday. So, 15 out of 43 Pogs down in Intimates. Here's hoping I have help tomorrow too.

It wouldn't be so slow going if it were properly zoned but we're playing "hunt the bras" after almost every set. ><
Im worried because i was informed that we need to do that every time we set pogs because we dont get more strip labels , another tm just backstock a lot I hope we dont get the the same merchandise in the pulls ... d we don't have enough time for that...

The tables in Softlines have really improved at my store. They've cracked down on keeping things sized and not overstocked. I'm pretty pleased with the way they look. I hope it lasts.

Back