MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

I kinda wish it was like that in my store, especially ready-to-wear. It wouldn't be such a nightmare to fold tables then. If a guest asks if there's any more in the back, we say no and everything out on the floor is out, yet we backstock basics and some shoes.

Oh hell no... not right now I don't. :) No time for that with 124 pogs on my shoulders. lol Setting in intimates. Actually had one person to help today. We killed 10 Pogs today and I did 5 on my own yesterday. So, 15 out of 43 Pogs down in Intimates. Here's hoping I have help tomorrow too.

It wouldn't be so slow going if it were properly zoned but we're playing "hunt the bras" after almost every set. ><

Few days ago I heard my etl say "don't focus too much on the bra zone. They're resetting it anyway" and I felt so bad for the people who have to do the reset. I think they just don't care because the sales aren't suffering and the execs never notice a bad softlines zone. If the tables are folded and the floor is clean, they don't see anything else. I'm sure they'd notice an increase in sales if anyone could find anything, though.

No label strips for the boys jeans wall , so much fun to set ! We didn't even get signs for it ! And I could not print the labels either!
One pog ( the cat and jack backpack ) had a capacity of 132 for each backpack!
On the adjacency , it states that we would not have any labels for pog tables except for denim , how do we do research then ?
No one in my store was scheduled for intimates , so nothing was done !
I was only able to do boys and half of girls ( only had 14hrs for it ) .
Another tm was doing the shoes by herself ( 16 hrs ) .
This week , I am scheduled 16 hrs for Infant ( by myself ) .
I do not care anymore

No label strips for the boys jeans wall , so much fun to set ! We didn't even get signs for it ! And I could not print the labels either!
On the adjacency , it states that we would not have any labels for pog tables except for denim , how do we do research then ?
I do not care anymore
wow they were aprox like 180 for those deparments

For the tms who set pogs in softlines... do you pull your oun batches or someone else do that fot you?

Backroom pulls for us, unless they are too busy then we pull our own. The same backroom tm opens every day M-F and we are always helping him find flexes so I look at it as his returning the favor. ;)

I do not care anymore

You have signs more than likely. Ask your Signing TM.

If they say they did not receive them, they didn't.

We already have two large clearance racks for swim :3 and maternity and plus has two racks. The rest of RTW Clearance is ~8 racks over by the fitting room.

And it's going to get worse. I believe the schedule we are writing now is the start of the Merona markdowns.

Holy Merona.

I love that the "new" Maternity brand is pretty much the same as LL. And as a previous pregnant woman (four times over) horizontal stripes were never my friend, so quit trying to make them happen.

Ava & Viv also loves horizontal stripes. I've heard a lot of complaints over that one.

Another question.... someone pull the batches for you or you have to do it...

I pull all my own batches every time but then I come in at 4am so I can use the Receiver's PDA before she arrives at 5am and that way I don't have to fight with the backroom over a PDA. Plus I can get more done without guests in the way.

I do not care anymore

- We were fortunate enough to receive the label strips for the boys and girls denim wall BUT the boys wall labels were oddly white and not gray like the girls. Could it be you got them in white like us and they're just hidden among other pog labels?

- Haven't gotten to the backpack thing but thanks for the headsup on the counts.

- I don't think we're doing research the way we used to. I believe that RFID is supposed to handle research, isn't it? At least I thought that was the whole point of scanning of softlines for in store counts?

- I did Intimates - all 43 pogs - with one helper for 5 of the days I set. It did take me a full week to set the whole thing that way. -_-

- One of our TLs was given the task to attack the shoe pogs on her own. I did not envy her that.

- Meanwhile I'm circling back to kids POGs and dreading the fact that RTW hits next week and I'm still behind. One day to set the girls 2 core bars and rebuild/set the denim backwall. Had a little help for the push and that's it. One day to set the boys 2 core bars and rebuild/set the denim backwall...also had a little help for push. Still have all those stupid 202s and a couple side pogs in girls for license and the fave tee/cardigan table to do. Oh and NIT will be after that. I probably won't catch up until they have a few weeks of barely anything hitting. I don't know why they can't space these things out. *sigh*

- It is rather HARD to care when you're drowning in pogs... :(

I don't think we're doing research the way we used to. I believe that RFID is supposed to handle research, isn't it? At least I thought that was the whole point of scanning of softlines for in store counts?
RFID doesn't actually change any on-hand counts. It just keeps a separate count that is used for things like _____ and _____.

This week de trashing the repacks are chucked full of merona shirts. I have gotten 24 of same shirt in same size. Our softlines is e2e and their Etl ge, who runs e2e, is telling them to make it pretty. Our backroom is not back stocking softlines and neither is the e2e team. They don't have time. It blows right now. Plus we are taking 5 trucks now instead of 4. Pray for the style team!

This week de trashing the repacks are chucked full of merona shirts. I have gotten 24 of same shirt in same size. Our softlines is e2e and their Etl ge, who runs e2e, is telling them to make it pretty. Our backroom is not back stocking softlines and neither is the e2e team. They don't have time. It blows right now. Plus we are taking 5 trucks now instead of 4. Pray for the style team!

We're getting that too. I have sooo many of the light denimish blue Merona chino shorts that never sold (psst...Clearance time, Target) and now my tables are heaps of Merona shirts and tanks. At least the tanks sell.

Back