MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

I managed to get hung up on, twice, by the same guest, in about 10 minutes. I think that's a record.

She called wanting to verify that she simply needed to show the cartwheel barcode to the cashier to get her discount. I'm trying to explain how cartwheel works over the phone (I'm a visual person for both learning and teaching) and she kept saying "But just show the barcode, right, that's what I'm asking!" Finally I realize that what she did was somehow physically printed out her barcode, physically printed out the offers for the items she wants to buy and she wants to know if showing the printout with the offers and then showing the printout of the barcode will get her the discount. I told her no, it needs to be done via her phone, and she very exasperatedly said "This is -" and hung up. About 5 or 10 minutes later she called back and had some lame "I'm sorry I hung up on you, I had to do something really quickly." Yeah, do something....like calm down from the temper tantrum? So she asked how to get cartwheel on her phone, and I started explaining about using her play store to download the app and the app picture to look for and she cut in with "I have a flip phone, so how do I put it on that?" I said "Well ma'am, you would need a smartphone to install and use cartwheel." And she hung up on me again.

You can use cartwheel without a smart phone, you just need to add the offers you want to your account from home. Your barcode never changes so you only need to print it once.

You can use cartwheel without a smart phone, you just need to add the offers you want to your account from home. Your barcode never changes so you only need to print it once.

Please explain how. Aren't these all android and iphone apps?

Go to cartwheel.com and sign in. You can add offers from there and view or print your barcode.

Yup. One of my coworkers doesn't have a smartphone so she adds her items at home from either her computer or iPad and she has her cartwheel barcode printed and laminated to the back of her discount card.

okay so IDK where else to put this but I was on Wikipedia for another thread here and I saw that Target was originally named Goodfellow Dry Goods in 1902 and then after a bunch of mergers and shit it became Target.

I like that bit of trivia.

I set all of the POG's in SL by myself and that includes pulling them also. But I'm not scheduled POG's I'm SL but I'm still responsible for them as well as all of the adjacencies and new launches and believe it or not as of today I'm a week ahead on all my POG's.

*sigh* I remember when.... I used to be just like you, either on top of workload or ahead. Now with the E2E expectations and the fact that we are understaffed, I spend half my time backstocking and the other half running RFID or covering FRO. Part of me can't wait till 4th quarter just because the POG load dies for SL during that time period (or used to, unless they changed that too).

okay so IDK where else to put this but I was on Wikipedia for another thread here and I saw that Target was originally named Goodfellow Dry Goods in 1902 and then after a bunch of mergers and shit it became Target.

I like that bit of trivia.

Wow... very nice bit of trivia. :)

I also look forward to 4th quarter the store is crazy but that's the time you interact with the guests more and if you take the time to get to know the guests that shop in Your store it makes your job and their shopping experience a lot better at our store we have a cashier that everyone knows and loves to talk to because he's CRAZY in a good way! and their will be 4 sometimes 5 guests in his line and they won't checkout with anyone but him.

Actually, Goodfellow Dry Goods was started in the late 1800s by R.S. Goodfellow.
George Draper Dayton had built a 6-story building & convinced Goodfellow to become a tenant. Shortly after, R.S. retired & sold his interest to Dayton & a couple of business partners. A year later Dayton bought out the partners & rebranded the company Dayton's Dry Goods; his son rebranded it several years later as the Dayton company.
In '62 Target was opened as a discount version & a few years later Dayton's merged with the Hudson company to form the Dayton-Hudson corp.
They also opened B. Dalton Bookseller but eventually sold it off to Barnes & Noble while acquiring Mervyn's &, eventually, Marshall Fields.
In their heyday Dayton-Hudson operated in three market tiers: high-end Marshall Fields, mid-line Mervyn's & discounter Target.
The '80s & '90s saw lots of merger/acquisition in retail. Brick & mortar businesses are having to reinvent themselves in a high-tech age but there are still some folks who are tactile shoppers & still prefer a 'live' experience so the next decade should be interesting.

Softlines question! Does anyone have a good solution for hanger tags? I'm a new GSA (previously cashier) and when I worked at Guest Service a few weeks ago, I was met with a grab bag of hanger tags for hanging up reshop. For my next shift I organized all the tags by type (XS-XXL, men's pants ##, men's pants #x#, bra sizes, toddler, ##M, plus sizes, etc) and when I came in the next day for my GSA shift I brought in a piece of a over-the-door organizer I never use. I grouped the tags in each spot and hung it in the back of GS. Is this something Softlines could use in the fitting room? Should I mention it to someone?

A Softlines TM came back to get reshop and saw me working on it - she said they have the same issue with a grab bag of tags and it'd be great for the fitting room. I guess they have drawers to organize them originally but there's more than can fit in the drawers? I guess I should just go to whoever and suggest it.

I went to hobbie lobby and bought a bead organization storage unit its got small pull out drawers and its small enough to fit on the fitting room desk.

Back