MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

Softlines question! Does anyone have a good solution for hanger tags? I'm a new GSA (previously cashier) and when I worked at Guest Service a few weeks ago, I was met with a grab bag of hanger tags for hanging up reshop. For my next shift I organized all the tags by type (XS-XXL, men's pants ##, men's pants #x#, bra sizes, toddler, ##M, plus sizes, etc) and when I came in the next day for my GSA shift I brought in a piece of a over-the-door organizer I never use. I grouped the tags in each spot and hung it in the back of GS. Is this something Softlines could use in the fitting room? Should I mention it to someone?

Your way sounds good. Ours are just in toddler shoe boxes and other drawer separators within the drawers. But... You guys are hanging things at guest service!?? Wow.

Last edited:
Question.. Has anyone else gotten direction to take everything off the fitting room desk? Pens, note pads, printers, tape, hand sanitizer, everything and stick it in the back out of sight ?

Question.. Has anyone else gotten direction to take everything off the fitting room desk? Pens, note pads, printers, tape, hand sanitizer, everything and stick it in the back out of sight ?
Yep. It's annoying. We used to have all sorts of cheat sheets taped everywhere. Some of that information was saved in a binder that is not well organized and takes forever to search, some of that information was lost forever.

They did it a while back in my store and things kinda slowly find their way back, but every so often the vml cleans it in the morning before anyone gets in. All our cheat sheets are gone too. They actually threatened us in the summer that if we used the desk too much they'd take it away and I told them to just take it if we can't use it lol. They took that as me being combative

Why have a desk if you can't use it?

Apparently the end goal is to take the desk out completely and create a lounge area for people to wait for their fam/sig others/friends to try on clothes. Ours, however, isn't going anywhere till they figure out if they want to shell out the money to fix the phone wiring. heh

Where in the heck are you going to answer the phones at then??

Maybe they'll just put a podium up like Ross does. They don't have folded clothes though and I don't think they have to hang the returns. And way less for traffic. My tls were apparently inspired by Marshalls when they did our fitting room makeover. But multiple TMs have pointed out that they keep a clean fr because the stuff is wheeled to a hidden area where someone else hangs it. And again, nothing is folded in the store.

Wait... None of the stores I can think of with no desk or an empty desk and a lobby look have the fr attendants answering the phones. And they don't have the foot traffic Target does

Maybe they'll just put a podium up like Ross does. They don't have folded clothes though and I don't think they have to hang the returns. And way less for traffic. My tls were apparently inspired by Marshalls when they did our fitting room makeover. But multiple TMs have pointed out that they keep a clean fr because the stuff is wheeled to a hidden area where someone else hangs it. And again, nothing is folded in the store.

Wait... None of the stores I can think of with no desk or an empty desk and a lobby look have the fr attendants answering the phones. And they don't have the foot traffic Target does

Holy Hell....... why are we looking to Ross and Marshall's for INSPIRATION ?????? Ew.

Holy Hell....... why are we looking to Ross and Marshall's for INSPIRATION ?????? Ew.

Lol. Idk why they looked at Marshall's. Ours is always very slow so naturally fr stays pretty sterile looking. I just remembered Ross had a podium and no large desk so I used it as an example. There's one thing that Marshalls does* that would be cool though. In the rooms, they have hook labels that say yes and maybe later or some shit. In theory it encourages shoppers to sort before leaving the room... And use the hangers. But also it's cute and fun.

*I saw a pic on Reddit, and a comment said it was them. Idk if it actually was though.

Anyone else having to do mannequin audits now? I mean not just the VMTL and brand team, but like everyone in SL.

my store is doing it. The carts at the fitting room now have dusters and cleaning supplies in them.
That’s interesting. We don’t have dusters for those. Not yet anyway. My VMTL is on vacation until Wednesday so I’m not sure how who will handle which mannequins.

Anyone else having to do mannequin audits now?

Do you mean making sure what's on the mannequin matches what's in the VMG? No. Our directive has been to pretty much do what we want with the mannequins. We rarely get the product in that the VMG wants on them anyway.

There are times when I can fully understand placement of a sale or cartwheel sign can be very confusing. Dresses and rompers can look very much alike until looked at in detail, so a dress sale shouldn't be on a rack that is mixed between dresses and rompers. Any time you have to resort to the small print on a sign, placement should be very carefully done. But others, if a guest is seemingly confused, it's a scam in the making. There are things where anyone who is capable of shopping alone is capable of understanding.

We've got a rack that is 4/5 sweaters and 1/5 sweatshirts on one side, all sweaters on the other side. It does have a sign that sweaters are BOGO 50% since it is mostly sweaters. There are so few sweatshirts that there's no good place to put them, so they are clumped at the end of the rack since they are suitable for the same weather. But everyone over the age of 8 knows the difference between a sweatshirt and a sweater, and the sign has in huge letters "Sweaters". No mention of sweatshirts.

Some woman, right there in front of me, pulled a sweatshirt off of the rack and asked if it was on sale. I said no, it's a sweatshirt, not a sweater, so the sale didn't cover it. She insisted I check. Bitch, can't you read? Or are you so old and cognitively impaired you forgot how to read? If so, where's your caregiver? I checked on my Zebra, nope, no sale, told her that. She then got nasty and said I needed to remove the sign. I didn't do it, I simply smiled and grabbed more reshop off my cart and kept working. I'm not going to remove a sign from a significant number of our sweaters, when the sign is the draw for selling the darn things. Nor am I going to move the sweatshirts when the very good VMTL decided just a couple of days ago they were placed appropriately. Reading only the huge words on the sign, not even the small print, it's clear as day sweatshirts are not covered, there should be no confusion.

I disagree with you. I would have given her the sweatshirt at the BOGO. If a rack is 9/10ths on sale, you either concede that the 1/10th are on sale too, or you move them. People have their own lingo for things. I had a guest ask for sweatshirts. I took her to the sweatshirts, and she said, "no--SWEATSHIRTS." After some discussion, I figured out that she meant t-shirts, because you sweat in them. At 25% off, Target is making plenty of money on clothing, and it would have been a great way to add to the basket.

Do you mean making sure what's on the mannequin matches what's in the VMG? No. Our directive has been to pretty much do what we want with the mannequins. We rarely get the product in that the VMG wants on them anyway.
No, we can do whatever we want. I mean like we have to have at least three sizes of each item on the mannequin hanging on the hurdle or else we have to change it

Back