MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

Not everyone has a section and we still all work and help out in other sections. I used to unofficially (I didn't get the extra quarter... Or have to do VAs) be the baby person because people would just not go there if they saw me on the schedule. I didn't hate working there as much as other people. The consistency was nice and I grew a sense of pride in the dept. When we had visits they noticed the dept was looking better because of it. But course I still worked in other depts and everyone else did too.. other people went to baby.

I don't have advice for breast pumps though. I hate when guests ask that type of thing tbh. I can tell you where it's located and if there's any in the back, but don't expect my childless ass to make a recommendation. I know which brands we have and I know which is more popular based on what people ask me all the time (Medela is the most popular brand... Then it seems they just pick based on price level beyond that... And insurance covers one of them).

The only way to have us consistently in one area and have a tm always there would be to schedule each area like they do beauty, market and electronics. That'll never happen at Target though so we still rotate and help out elsewhere. It's not like only one tm ever goes to baby hardlines. Hardlines tms work over there sometimes.

I do hate baby hardlines for a similar reason. While I can give basic advice on breast pumps, formula I'm totally clueless. I know there's all sorts of stuff based on gastro-intestinal distress, but I don't know if one can switch from the Similac version to the Enfamil version, or if brand matters just as much as alimentum or whatever it is. Safety standards is another one, I don't have a clue about car seat weights or safety items.

So, how is everyone doing on the Aug 27th week workload in softlines? Really not coming together on my end. Having to cover FRO and prep for big visits and backstock the truck like 3 hrs a day.... *sigh* ... I'll be lucky if I catch up by the end of 4th Quarter. -_-
Still working ... Rtw done, boys and girls done, mens godfellow done, mens basics not yet, accesories not yet batches pulled but not set yet ... i ll try to work in advance but is just too much... there is no way to finish this week without more help... every single day i have to help with zone, push, pickup etc... hurdles and more and more...

Still working ... Rtw done, boys and girls done, mens godfellow done, mens basics not yet, accesories not yet batches pulled but not set yet ... i ll try to work in advance but is just too much... there is no way to finish this week without more help... every single day i have to help with zone, push, pickup etc... hurdles and more and more...

You are killing it next to us. I just finished men's today and only the AND section of RTW is done and well that's it. We are so short staffed that I now have to do operator when there isn't one. So I went in and had a shift where I spent 3 hrs backstocking and 1 hr covering operator and almost another hour on my lunch. So that's like about 5 hrs of my shift gone and I haven't even been able to touch workload. So, consider yourself in a fabulous place. I wish we were. *sigh* Hoping next week doesn't have much workload but I still need to look.

You are killing it next to us. I just finished men's today and only the AND section of RTW is done and well that's it. We are so short staffed that I now have to do operator when there isn't one. So I went in and had a shift where I spent 3 hrs backstocking and 1 hr covering operator and almost another hour on my lunch. So that's like about 5 hrs of my shift gone and I haven't even been able to touch workload. So, consider yourself in a fabulous place. I wish we were. *sigh* Hoping next week doesn't have much workload but I still need to look.
You are doing well, we do not backstock just a lot of orher things , but in our store we are not allowed to leave pogs from one week to next week... if something is not done then the TL of that dept is in charge ... or the other TL or someone else ... evrything has to be tied and pulled in the report allways green...

You are doing well, we do not backstock just a lot of orher things , but in our store we are not allowed to leave pogs from one week to next week... if something is not done then the TL of that dept is in charge ... or the other TL or someone else ... evrything has to be tied and pulled in the report allways green...

I MISS being green. :( We've been screwed since the remodel and them hiring all those college kids that then promptly up and left when they went back to school. And they tell me that it's hard to get people now. My thing is, come off your high horse and stop looking for perfect. Just give me someone willing to work for pete's sake. :p

I thought we got some of these sign holders. My TL tells me we didn't. Sry it took so long to get back to you. I'm trying to hunt down the SAP # in case anyone needs it.
I have these in spades. They sent them for bbbg c9, then ladies c9. We use them down the outside wall. I'll try to remeber to dig the party number up later.

Is softline always the most shorthanded department in the store? I've worked at Target for a little over two months, looks like most people don't like to do softline......

We currently have a Team of 13 .... we've been struggling to hire the "right people" to bring our Team to the (desired) 18 TMs. Most of the Team works 30-35 hrs each week. We become "shorthanded" when someone requests vacation time or there's a sick call; because we don't have "extra" TMs to replace them. And..... for a while, as we were transitioning into A&A E2E process..... some of the TMs quit due to the change in expectations. They did NOT want to do the additional tasks, or help the Guest beyond the minimum. But now, we've got a great Team in place. They really like working in A&A. They enjoy the pace, the engagement w/ Guests, etc. Now, we've just got to get to 18 TMs ..... 2 more interviews tomorrow. Fingers crossed !!

When you hire a lazy person and it pass the 90 days ... it's hard to get rid of that person... if you don't want to work with us, if you don't like your work then please leave us. If you need the money then for God's sake at leas try don't be a burden to the team.... keep aplying to other parts and beat it...

We currently have a Team of 13 .... we've been struggling to hire the "right people" to bring our Team to the (desired) 18 TMs. Most of the Team works 30-35 hrs each week. We become "shorthanded" when someone requests vacation time or there's a sick call; because we don't have "extra" TMs to replace them. And..... for a while, as we were transitioning into A&A E2E process..... some of the TMs quit due to the change in expectations. They did NOT want to do the additional tasks, or help the Guest beyond the minimum. But now, we've got a great Team in place. They really like working in A&A. They enjoy the pace, the engagement w/ Guests, etc. Now, we've just got to get to 18 TMs ..... 2 more interviews tomorrow. Fingers crossed !!

I'd kill to be in your spot. :p pffft (well, not literally but egads...)

If I just can have at least 3 of the ladies [that can work pogs and vms], that post here working in my store... ! another story to tell...

I set all of the POG's in SL by myself and that includes pulling them also. But I'm not scheduled POG's I'm SL but I'm still responsible for them as well as all of the adjacencies and new launches and believe it or not as of today I'm a week ahead on all my POG's.

I set all of the POG's in SL by myself and that includes pulling them also. But I'm not scheduled POG's I'm SL but I'm still responsible for them as well as all of the adjacencies and new launches and believe it or not as of today I'm a week ahead on all my POG's.
☺ a lot of work

@Targetpirate do you update the capacities every time you set a table? What you do with your clerance you hang them or just leave a table for that? How ofen you do reserch? You leave the lables? If not how do you reserch?
How is your schedule? Is 30 something and you only work in pogs and adjecencies or are you schedule for something else?

No labels, no research on tables--research jean walls and basics only.
I dropped a pog fill on a table that was looking light, but only after I made sure it was a small # of dpics (turned out to be 7-8) and I knew I'd have to pull it myself. I wish there was a way to easily research without labels.

I don't do research I was told not to I'm always scheduled SL but always do POG's when I set a table or convertible I usually hang the clearance but if there's to much I put shelves in my clearance area. I don't use label strips except in infants and I put as much out as I can but still make it look brand. I work the adjacencies in the area that I'm setting POG's in so when I'm done I can move to the next area. The only issues I'm having now is the backroom doesn't backstock.

How'd everyone's branch launches go? They were super nervous at my store that we were going to have a visit, but nope. All of our SL, including leadership, are female so this poor new hardlines kid had to be our Goodfellow model lol. Our STL said its ok for us SL folks to wear AND clothes for a couple days, so I'm taking him up on that and treated myself to a T-shirt :)
Lucky! When the brands officially launched at my store, only the VMTL could wear AND clothes.

The TM's that bought AND & GF wore it on the weekend but we also had 3 young skinny TM that were our models and they changed every couple of hours. We did have a visit from our DTL but everything was good I had everything set to the VMG except for the mannequins in men"s which we don't have so I made my own display and she liked it.

And..... for a while, as we were transitioning into A&A E2E process..... some of the TMs quit due to the change in expectations. They did NOT want to do the additional tasks, or help the Guest beyond the minimum.

Yea... I do less softlines because they took away resources as they added responsibilities and the tls were unable to show me what they wanted out of me. I told them I couldn't figure out how to make it work with other expectations and I asked them for more hands-on training on the new thing. They make so many changes with no experience in the fr. And they spent multiple months not putting me back on the floor so it just got very annoying. I have no issue with more guest interaction. My issue with the added expectations of guest interaction is that the rest of the workload in the fitting room hasn't changed and our fr is busy af. I think it's fine and dandy on weekdays, but some days after 5:30 and on weekends? One person can't do it.

None of our new tms are being trained well, either. And they're already noticing that everyday we have new rules and processes. The turnover is hilarious. And the zones are suffering (especially intimates and basics) because lack of training... And poor leadership. 3 sl leads between vml, tl and srtl and they don't agree on shit.

I like working softlines and enjoy helping guests but our fitting room of changing rules is too much rn. And then at one point we had to do things one way when one leader was there, then change it when the other was there

Last edited:
Back