MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

Can anyone tell me what type of signholder they use to sign their moveable walls like this (on that front bar)? The knuckle signholders don't fit on it and the flexible shelf ones barely hang on. Found this picture on Workbench.
UP1TQ1c_d.webp

What a day.... they finally hired a few more people to replace the departing college/school kids. Can't wait for them to get trained because this is rough. Hard to do workload, agencies, reshop/gobacks, and push the truck with such a small team. ><
Youre not kidding. We still haven't hired a single person to replace all those who have left/are leaving. We will literally be left with 6 or 7 TMs for a high volume store.

Can anyone tell me what type of signholder they use to sign their moveable walls like this (on that front bar)? The knuckle signholders don't fit on it and the flexible shelf ones barely hang on. Found this picture on Workbench.
UP1TQ1c_d.webp

These must be the new sign holders they sent. I'll have to look and see what they are when I'm in tomorrow. I believe we got a box of them in. Let you know. :)

Youre not kidding. We still haven't hired a single person to replace all those who have left/are leaving. We will literally be left with 6 or 7 TMs for a high volume store.

You must look as "wonderful" as we do. >< I miss the days when we didn't look like crap and didn't have a zillion gobacks and truck push everywhere. :( I bet you are all running about 40 hrs a week just to survive.

The ava viv maniquíe that we have rigth now looks like me, but my waist , back and boobs are smaller. I'm a living pear. :):p my thigts and legs just a litte bit thiner but the hips are just like mines.
@soyaxo

I hated Ava & Viv when that was my size for that exact reason. Everything was cut to assume very little difference in the hip-waist ratio. So things were always too big in the waist area. It was always like fat women that have hourglass figures don't exist.

You must look as "wonderful" as we do. >< I miss the days when we didn't look like crap and didn't have a zillion gobacks and truck push everywhere. :( I bet you are all running about 40 hrs a week just to survive.

Actually, we are doing really well right now, while the college students are still there. My one TL has been right on dividing up tasks every day, a week ahead of time. So when I go in on Monday, I know what my tasks are every day. I am getting 35-40 hours, as are the other tms who want that many, but I get that many most of the time anyway.

Yesterday, for example, we had five tms come in at 8am: one on price change, one on fitting room, and the rest of us on truck. Next tms came in at 11 and 11:30. Meanwhile, we had one cart of folded left from the truck by 11:30. One of the tms got started on backstock. The 11am tm got started on reshop. 11:30 tm finished the last cart, and then went to help backstock (tons and tons of folded A New Day stuff came in and we're not setting it yet). Meanwhile, the other 8am tm and I went and started trying to work out some of our hanging backstock that we have in the backroom. We're moving along like a well-oiled machine (for now anyway...)

Actually, we are doing really well right now, while the college students are still there. My one TL has been right on dividing up tasks every day, a week ahead of time. So when I go in on Monday, I know what my tasks are every day. I am getting 35-40 hours, as are the other tms who want that many, but I get that many most of the time anyway.

Yesterday, for example, we had five tms come in at 8am: one on price change, one on fitting room, and the rest of us on truck. Next tms came in at 11 and 11:30. Meanwhile, we had one cart of folded left from the truck by 11:30. One of the tms got started on backstock. The 11am tm got started on reshop. 11:30 tm finished the last cart, and then went to help backstock (tons and tons of folded A New Day stuff came in and we're not setting it yet). Meanwhile, the other 8am tm and I went and started trying to work out some of our hanging backstock that we have in the backroom. We're moving along like a well-oiled machine (for now anyway...)

I see. Our college kids have already flown the coup so we don't have them to rely on anymore. You have just listed 7 TMs in your example all being scheduled before 12 noon. If you only have 6 or 7 TMs to begin with, who is doing the closing zone and obviously you can't have THAT many TMs scheduled every day or you'd all be working over time with no time off. Or are you saying you'll only have 6 or 7 after the college kids go?

We just don't have the bodies for the floor dayside right now. The ERT (evening recovery team) is established but even they cannot keep up if we cannot keep up all day. Our SRTL does so many LOD shifts that she's not on the floor dayside much of the time so when the team gets overwhelmed by how much there is to do they fall back into the old processes and some things just fall through the cracks. Yesterday we had one FRO and me doing RFID and one Flow TM borrowed to push the carts in all of softlines and that was it until 3pm. How does one push truck, do reshop, touch up all zones, and backstock with that few people? Not happening. So naturally we're struggling to survive here. We are not a high volume store like you but there is a minimum requirement for ANY store to get things done.

Yeah, 6 or 7 after the college students leave. We have three closers each night typically, but yesterday only a TL and one other person. We are "borrowing" two POG tms and a hardlines/cashier tm next week to help fill in the gaps, but we get things done. We touch up as we push, and sometimes reshop builds up, but we're doing the best we can, and have been fairly successful. Things will probably change though I'm sure.

So you are schedule for something, then they ask you to do this and that and that also too, atend hurdles, cover barkes take your owns and lunch then they ask you do you finish [the thing you were schedule for] ? Or this is all that you have done [the thing you were schedule for] ?
What a heck ? o_O

So you are schedule for something, then they ask you to do this and that and that also too, atend hurdles, cover barkes take your owns and lunch then they ask you do you finish [the thing you were schedule for] ? Or this is all that you have done [the thing you were schedule for] ?
What a heck ? o_O

Yeh, we're nuts like that too. Was supposed to start workload for next week on Monday but we had a visit so other things took priority. Then Tuesday I ended up backstocking for almost 3 hrs because of the massive amount of boxes coming off the truck. So today we FINALLY get started.... -_- And I'm RFID tomorrow. :p And just like that the week is about gone.

Then there's that being re-directed in the middle of everything you are supposed to be doing. Just like you're talking about. Sux.

Side Note: When I get harangued about what I don't accomplish I start keeping a running list of everything I've done in the day and how long it took me to do it. Then when they ask me why I didn't finish with project A, I drag out the list and show them exactly what I did all day. That either shuts them up or has them fixing the problem of me being directed in so many different directions during my shift that I can't get done what they want done. They being my TLs and Salesfloor ETL.

Last edited:
Yeh, we're nuts like that too. Was supposed to start workload for next week on Monday but we had a visit so other things took priority. Then Tuesday I ended up backstocking for almost 3 hrs because of the massive amount of boxes coming off the truck. So today we FINALLY get started.... -_- And I'm RFID tomorrow. :p And just like that the week is about gone.

Then there's that being re-directed in the middle of everything you are supposed to be doing. Just like you're talking about. Sux.

Also too many Etls,Vmtl, Srtl everyone with a difrent plan for you ... Now I'm like "LOD" what you want ... or if someone ask for some help ask the lod first...

Yeh, we're nuts like that too. Was supposed to start workload for next week on Monday but we had a visit so other things took priority.

Same thing here, but our visit was a different day. One of my TLs is on vacation and the other who is here saw the Redwire that Goodfellow can now be put out so has been doing that. I was FRO one day, closing one day, and RFID the other, so... no luck so far. Tomorrow hopefully my TL and I might be able to start on some of the workload?

My store has hardlines people doing baby hardlines/gondolas/whatever you call it in your store... and shoes. Anyone know if this a thing my store leadership is being silly about? Or if it's a corporate decision?

We had/have brand tms for nit and shoes and the nit one is pissed. Shoe tm I haven't seen, but I know she'll be angry if they don't let her keep shoes.

VMTL here. I wrote a detailed ass plan to set the new lines and emailed it to everyone. Walk into work Tuesday and get told "oh hey, they want Goodfellow and A New Day set BEFORE the launch on the 27th." We just got in trouble for setting Goodfellow early two weeks ago and were made to take it all down. FML. We finished it... but let's put some more thought into these launches in the future corporate people. I would rather have set it 100% the week of (with accessories,intimates, and shoes) when I had a team scheduled than what we did this week, but ok... I'm over it lol not sure what I'm doing with my 200 hours my team has next week

Last edited:
VMTL here. I wrote a detailed ass plan to set the new lines and emailed it to everyone. Walk into work Tuesday and get told "oh hey, they want Goodfellow and A New Day set BEFORE the launch on the 27th." We just got in trouble for setting Goodfellow early two weeks ago and were made to take it all down. FML. We finished it... but let's put some more thought into these launches in the future corporate people. I would rather have set it 100% the week of (with accessories,intimates, and shoes) when I had a team scheduled than what we did this week, but ok... I'm over it lol not sure what I'm doing with my 200 hours my team has next week

Help with the other 120+ hours of workload that are not in Goodfellows? :)

My store has hardlines people doing baby hardlines/gondolas/whatever you call it in your store... and shoes. Anyone know if this a thing my store leadership is being silly about? Or if it's a corporate decision?

We had/have brand tms for nit and shoes and the nit one is pissed. Shoe tm I haven't seen, but I know she'll be angry if they don't let her keep shoes.

Dang, I WISH they'd get hardlines to take Baby Hardlines from us. >< Not in our store... we're overworked, stressed the hell out, and can't get it all done but no... we get very little hands reaching out to us while we drown. Just hoping they'll eventually hire enough people to get this thing (E2E) working like it's supposed to. :p

Dang, I WISH they'd get hardlines to take Baby Hardlines from us. >< Not in our store... we're overworked, stressed the hell out, and can't get it all done but no... we get very little hands reaching out to us while we drown. Just hoping they'll eventually hire enough people to get this thing (E2E) working like it's supposed to. :p

Our nit tm is a little under the weather and the shoe tm is on vacation I think. Communication is crap so idk if this is temporary because of those things or permanent because I've heard different from different people. Baby tm thinks it's permanent and she's angry they didn't tell her before it happened. Shoe tm is totally in love with her dept so if it's long term I'm curious what that means for her

I've been in sbux all week though so I'm not getting the good softlines info

Help with the other 120+ hours of workload that are not in Goodfellows? :)[/QUOTE

These people, they have no clue how hard is to pull batches and set all the tables for a dept. Plus adjecencys.... I told them lets work ahed ... but nooo...

I wish we had brand tms and could own our own departments :( I asked my salesfloor ETL and she seemed surprised that other stores even assign tms their own departments. We are sooo short staffed that everything is messed up right now. Even with help from plano, there are not enough people to handle next week's workload. We finally hired a bunch of newbies, but they havent been trained, so its not like we could have them push the truck while the rest of us and the TLs do adjancencies and pogs. Ugh so frustrating.

I want to own a dept. Just one ...

AMEN! I second that. One dept and I could manage everything in it and it would be fabulous! :)

We were scheduling to work ahead but NOT left alone to do so. The only thing that will be done by Sunday is Goodfellows and A New Day for the brand launch. Everything else will have to e muddled through as we can manage it. Yes, it is VERY frustrating. Definitely agree.

Help with the other 120+ hours of workload that are not in Goodfellows? :)
I guess that's logical. But dang it I just needed to complain for the sake of complaining! Still I feel like we're gonna have to loop back to Goodfellow, POG fill over there wasn't that great despite it being a week out from the true set date.

I wish we had brand tms and could own our own departments :(.

I asked my STL if we could have a brand TM for shoes and a couple of other areas...people that I feel are essentially already VMTMs (which our store doesn't have) and she said sure! But they're not getting any sort of pay increase Now all my TMs are upset because our previous STL was working on getting at least 5 brand TMs and only one got the raise before he left.

It works pretty well guys. We have 4 people who own their departments, and 6 others who are back ups to one or 2 specific departments and cover fitting room sometimes.

Back