MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

Guest service is supposed to sort and hang our reshop before we pick it up now. Guest service sorts and hangs as well as your average Karen so it still takes time to redo it. It is getting better.

All softlines TMs are supposed to have one hour of their shift dedicated to FR and in that time we are supposed to reshop all departments.

One hour? And that's adequate coverage for a night crew of one person with an 8 hour shift and one or (if lucky) two people with 5.5 hour shifts?

🤣

I left right around the time they took the FRO away entirely, but prior we had the FRO do all the reshop. But the tradeoff was that the FRO was assigned a tiny area to zone (either 2 RTW brands and the easier half of mens, or all of mens and nothing else). It was rough, coming completely clean was rare, but leaving a single 3 tier lightly to mid loaded, mostly sorted, RTW clearance looking good and clean rooms/desk was the norm.

About the only way for your system to halfway work is to make an agreement with the other softlines folks of one sorts the entire hour, the next runs that sorted the entire hour. Hour/hour would be more efficient than 2 half hours/half hours because less steps to put away the same volume.

Guest service is supposed to sort and hang our reshop before we pick it up now. Guest service sorts and hangs as well as your average Karen so it still takes time to redo it. It is getting better.

All softlines TMs are supposed to have one hour of their shift dedicated to FR and in that time we are supposed to reshop all departments.

So JEALOUS! I had talked to the previous STL/SD about giving one of our red and silver bar baskets to guest services and having them fold hang so that when they called for softlines to pick up, that person could put it all away and bring it back again. She LOVED the idea and then corporate moved her elsewhere and we got a new STL/SD. I know this would slip a bit during 4th quarter BUT seriously I wish it were a corporate wide requirement for the front end. -_-

Ended up having a fun crying panic attack and going home early. And literally all of my shifts are FR. I give up. I can't do this anymore. This place is destroying me.

Likewise but for different reasons. What gives me that sense of panic is not the FR but the entirety of it all and knowing that every day I'm off someone on my team is screwing me over by dumping truck push wherever they feel like. It's one thing to have to pick up after guests but quite another to be sabotaged by your own team. ><

So JEALOUS! I had talked to the previous STL/SD about giving one of our red and silver bar baskets to guest services and having them fold hang so that when they called for softlines to pick up, that person could put it all away and bring it back again. She LOVED the idea and then corporate moved her elsewhere and we got a new STL/SD. I know this would slip a bit during 4th quarter BUT seriously I wish it were a corporate wide requirement for the front end. -_-
It's twice the work though, and that's a waste. They hang/fold it, but it's not softlines standard, so it has to be rehung/refolded. If they even get what's to be folded and what's to be hung right and not opposite. And for whatever reason they somehow get partial sets and hang those instead of automatic salvage. (Do they really let people return partial sets?) So all those front end man hours, followed by the same amount of softline man hours; duplicate work that people can't afford with modernization demands.

My store has an hourly rotation (sometimes two hours) as fitting room attendant until the closers come in. Then it’s just 1 dedicated person who closes FR, RTW clearance and closes 1 department (men’s usually).

There’s talk at my store that we’re to do away with rotation and FR attendant, but I’m not sure my leaders want to do that yet. Apparently if we check frequently and grab our own reshop as we pass by, there won’t be a need for an attendant o_O

Apparently if we check frequently and grab our own reshop as we pass by, there won’t be a need for an attendant o_O
This is what we’ve been doing for over a year at my store. Whenever someone in Style comes back from break/lunch they stop by the service desk and get the reshop. They take it to the FR and sort it plus whatever is on the rack outside the FR that didn’t work out for the guest. Then they take their reshop to their section to work it out. If it’s one of those days we’re getting slammed we call for a reshop party. At this point the Team blitzes sorting it and getters their areas reshop and typically have it done in 20-30 minutes. With the staggered shifts this ensures breaks are taken frequently enough that reshop is being gathered and sorted hourly, plus keeps a TM close enough to the FR to assist any guest that could need help. There are only two tricks to getting this to work: 1. keep the Consultants in their own area(s) so they can knock out the reshop quickly and accurately and 2. have a Team that shows up. We don’t always close with a green FR but everything will be sorted so the opener can quickly push it out.

2. have a Team that shows up. We don’t always close with a green FR but everything will be sorted so the opener can quickly push it out.

This is the biggest concern with the team I’m on. We’re only as strong as our weakest player. One lady who works RTW has gotten into the habit of leaving her reshop to pile up. When she’s asked to take some, she ALWAYS tells us that the rest of the team should clear them for her. We get that RTW is big, but we usually have 2 people in there for push. It’s always just hers that piles up.

Don’t get me wrong, I could see this working at my store, but EVERYONE would have to be on board and that just isn’t the case :( the team I’m on is very cliquey, and there’s been tension between TMs for so so long. It really makes me sad that people would rather see their team fail because of personal differences.

And yet there is no hours slated for FR via corporate to my understanding. Though maybe that's a store by store thing based on the SD?

Correct. FR or "operator" hours were absorbed into the SL hours. And about a year ago the "enhancing the fitting room experience" guide came out and that's where it's "suggested" that a TM is scheduled at the FR during peak hours.

Basically, I don't know wtf they want 🙄

Correct. FR or "operator" hours were absorbed into the SL hours. And about a year ago the "enhancing the fitting room experience" guide came out and that's where it's "suggested" that a TM is scheduled at the FR during peak hours.

Basically, I don't know wtf they want 🙄

I don't think even THEY know what they want. ><

Fitting room attendants are a thing of the past. We need them back. One of our style tms is scheduled out of her area all this week to clean up fr. It is a disaster. No style tms, assigned an area, have time to sort all the reshop from guest service, push it with truck push, do pulls and backstock. Oh and don't forget pricing and zoning. Yah right.smh

FR attendant = up selling.
FR attendant = pleasant looking, appealing FR area and clean rooms at all times = people comfortable to get half naked in public = more clothes bought.

How much brain power does that take?

Seriously.

We had an "undercover" service visit from our DSD over the weekend. We got called out for not having anyone at the FR desk to help guests. But, the week before I had to coach someone for... standing at the FR desk. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I love how they went from one extreme to another "We have to have someone standing at the fitting room at all times to greet and sell!" Then when they saw they could cut payroll they went to "Just pull a style TM there to clean out fitting rooms and occasionally sort reshop from Guest Service.

Seriously.

We had an "undercover" service visit from our DSD over the weekend. We got called out for not having anyone at the FR desk to help guests. But, the week before I had to coach someone for... standing at the FR desk. 🤦🏻‍♀️

This is the problem. They want both and anyone with half a brain knows that's impossible. You can't have someone there and NOT have someone there at the same time.

FR attendant = up selling.
FR attendant = pleasant looking, appealing FR area and clean rooms at all times = people comfortable to get half naked in public = more clothes bought.

How much brain power does that take?
More than Spot has, apparently...😂🙄😂

Back