Happy Fun Time

our double trucks got canceled for today moved to Wednesday
OPU team straight up not showing for work and not getting termed
rehiring TMs who have walked out because we re that desperate

STL looking incredibly nervous
butthole ETL has never looked happier nor have they ever been this nice to people

and the best all the long term folk have pretty much put the skates on cos if you make the same as a new person… 🤡

all in all it’s looking like a new leadership team in January

butthole ETL has never looked happier nor have they ever been this nice to people

and the best all the long term folk have pretty much put the skates on cos if you make the same as a new person… 🤡

I wonder if the double trucks got cancelled because too few people regularly work that day and they couldn't get anyone to come in.

I heard a store near me shut down SFS because of no TMs.

The thing is that their SFS is much larger than ours anyway which seems suspicious. Of course they now send some of those orders to my store.

Last edited:

Problem is they don’t have enough leaders waiting in the wings to take over. Just look at the open positions in your area.

I am so confused with what's going on right now. Yesterday was a double day. Combined it was only 2300. We had a single today. I shit you not on this. It was 300 cartons. We got a 300 carton truck in Q4. What the fuck?!? Inbounds didn't even bother to sort. They just loaded everything onto Uboats randomly and wandered around the store pushing it themselves because they had nothing else to do. Tomorrow is only 1300. However, we're comping like crazy, especially in my area. 40% last month and 60% so far this month.

At the same time, a couple of us in GM have carte blanche permission for overtime while our ETL is openly talking about promoting anyone who isn't on board with her way to guest. (She really does say promote to guest.)

Weird times for December at Target. In any event, I spent the day wandering around and doing price change. Back to college crap FINALLY went clearance.

As for leadership, my own TL has been around for a week. His job seems to have been taken over by an in development TM who runs the whole section except for my area. (I've mostly been left alone as a direct report to the ETL since I became a DBO.) Mentioning the fulfillment TL's name draws looks of disgust from the ETL and other leaders, but he's still around. Other leads seem to be on solid ground.

Weird times though. Weird. Really, a 300 carton trailer in December. The FDC truck was bigger than the RDC truck today. Fucking weird.

I am so confused with what's going on right now. Yesterday was a double day. Combined it was only 2300. We had a single today. I shit you not on this. It was 300 cartons. We got a 300 carton truck in Q4. What the fuck?!? Inbounds didn't even bother to sort. They just loaded everything onto Uboats randomly and wandered around the store pushing it themselves because they had nothing else to do. Tomorrow is only 1300. However, we're comping like crazy, especially in my area. 40% last month and 60% so far this month.

At the same time, a couple of us in GM have carte blanche permission for overtime while our ETL is openly talking about promoting anyone who isn't on board with her way to guest. (She really does say promote to guest.)

Weird times for December at Target. In any event, I spent the day wandering around and doing price change. Back to college crap FINALLY went clearance.

As for leadership, my own TL has been around for a week. His job seems to have been taken over by an in development TM who runs the whole section except for my area. (I've mostly been left alone as a direct report to the ETL since I became a DBO.) Mentioning the fulfillment TL's name draws looks of disgust from the ETL and other leaders, but he's still around. Other leads seem to be on solid ground.

Weird times though. Weird. Really, a 300 carton trailer in December. The FDC truck was bigger than the RDC truck today. Fucking weird.
The small trucks are happening at my store too recently . I also wondered why so in December ! Most of the days there are plenty of us TMs scheduled for work and by the time noon tms come in there is nothing else to do . We are taking this opportunity to clean up and fix mistakes in our area but still it’s boring and unusual for Q4.

I keep saying SFS needs to be done at a warehouse level. We need to concentrate on the guests coming into the store instead of running them down with a 3 tier cart.
If we put it at the warehouse the stores sales will dive, payroll will dive, headcount will shrink and you’ll have too many tls. Stores will close because sales will suck without it.

That's the first I've heard of that. Is that going to be company wide all at once or a staggered rollout?
I don't know. We had a remodel put on hold because of the pandemic, but is expected to begin next month. It's a biggish one, which surprised us all because we just had one. Drive up and OPU are getting much bigger, more efficient hold areas. All of the offices are moving, break room moving, plus more. SFS will be gone when it's finished.

I was talking to our truck lead last night and he said our trucks have been getting cancelled and becoming smaller because they are running out of time to load them :/ idk how that works but *shrug* foe december thats kind of not working out well.

That's the first I've heard of that. Is that going to be company wide all at once or a staggered rollout?
Our remodel is slated for 2022 (I've heard toward the end of, which makes me want to die so I hope they hold off until 2023... I can't even imagine a remodel during Q4) and what we're hearing now is an enlarged area for SFS in addition to OPU expansion. I'm also hearing we're expecting to hire a second Fulfillment TL sooner rather than later.

Ugh- I wish our trucks were getting smaller or canceled. We keep moving one here and there because of staffing issues but are still averaging 2 each night and both are typically over 1700. Even toys hasn’t died down and we started getting all of that way earlier then the norm.

Our trucks are small to avg size but we keep getting 300+ of the same thing. Not just one thing one time but multiple things multiple times.

Just how are we supposed to sell 500 twin size, all the same color, blankets?

Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

All I know is they best be going 1/2 off soooooon.

Our trucks are small to avg size but we keep getting 300+ of the same thing. Not just one thing one time but multiple things multiple times.

Just how are we supposed to sell 500 twin size, all the same color, blankets?

Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent

All I know is they best be going 1/2 off soooooon.

This was my reaction this morning upon discovering we are now the lucky recipients of more than 2000 Bullseye's playground holiday socks. Just one DPCI. Sent on a pallet. Laughed my ass off all day thinking about it. 🤣

Update, next day: we now own almost twice that. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Ugh- I wish our trucks were getting smaller or canceled. We keep moving one here and there because of staffing issues but are still averaging 2 each night and both are typically over 1700. Even toys hasn’t died down and we started getting all of that way earlier then the norm.
My store is like yours. So much toys, kitchen and sporting goods. We all know transition is just around the corner. Wish someone could wake me from this nightmare.

Our remodel is slated for 2022 (I've heard toward the end of, which makes me want to die so I hope they hold off until 2023... I can't even imagine a remodel during Q4) and what we're hearing now is an enlarged area for SFS in addition to OPU expansion. I'm also hearing we're expecting to hire a second Fulfillment TL sooner rather than later.

they don’t remodel stores in q4

Back