Archived hardship loan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remmber if it was here or in the handbook that I saw about a hardship benefit. After racking up $3000 in medical bills and some more on the way, obviously my paychecks aren't working.

How do I go about applying for one of these?

Team member Emergency Assistance Fund. Talk to your ETL HR about it. You have to fill out a form, your ETL HR has to fill out another form, and they are both sent to TMSC. A group of people reviews your application, and, if you apply, they will put up to $500 into your paycheck.
That money is basically an interest free loan. You'll pay it back over a LONG period of time, again, no interest. But you do pay it back.
The HR team actually CANT deny you the form. The ETL HR -CAN- decide to NOT recommend you, for whatever reason.
By the way, this is a serious fund meant to help team members in emergency situations. If you just need a loan, consider opening an account with Target Credit Union.

Very good question, and very good information...

( Key word here is 'hardship"...usually reserved for some severe, unexpected, dire emergency sort of situation, I imagine... )

Still good for us all to know-thanks, all...

OMG, this is EXTREMELY WRONG information! it is NOT a "loan", it's a FREE benefit to ALL employees that does NOT have to be paid back EVER! Please call the TMSC if you have any detailed questions about this program or talk to your ETL HR. "HR King" should NOT be giving out this MIS information! The reasons that are general used are for uninsured medical expenses, damage to your home from severe weather, etc. but "other severe emergency situations" can also be acceptable reasons. Yes, I encourage you to talk to your HR about this first though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back