Archived Hardship loans from Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
I'm not quite sure where to go to find this information.....so I'm posting to the professionals.

I've heard that Spot offers hardship loans....is this true? If so, what will qualify for a TM to get the help? Where do I go for this information?

Thanks everyone!

I'm curious about the fund because I recently was in the hospital....and I have a surgery already scheduled.

With the health insurance my responsibility for payment is $5,000...then the insurance covers the rest (of in-network facilities). At the moment I've got about $3,200 in bills.

My surgery will require me to be off of work for 6 to 8 weeks. I can make up some of this non-paid time off by using my 2 and a half weeks of vacation.....however, the rest of the time is unpaid. So 5 to 6 weeks of no pay will have quite an impact on my ability to get some payments made. I'm hoping that Target might be able to help me out.

I hope that they will help you too.
Good luck, sorry to hear you're having to go through this.

You may ask about qualifying for short term disability, which would pay a percent
of your income while you are out, probably 50%or so, I qualified for that when I
had a recent surgery, up to 150 days. Good luck

I asked my STL about the hardship loans and she said that the loans are for people with a dire need...for example...your house burns down. My STL said that she's tried medical hardship loans, but they getting turned down.

I'm taking a LOA and I'll get 50% of my hourly rate for up to 150 days....of course I won't be gone that long! I am glad that I do qualify for partial pay.....of course, 50% comes to about $4.50 an hour. Not much, but at least it is something!

I asked my STL about the hardship loans and she said that the loans are for people with a dire need...for example...your house burns down. My STL said that she's tried medical hardship loans, but they getting turned down.
I'm taking a LOA and I'll get 50% of my hourly rate for up to 150 days....of course I won't be gone that long! I am glad that I do qualify for partial pay.....of course, 50% comes to about $4.50 an hour. Not much, but at least it is something!
Your stl is not trying hard enough for the hardship loan. Because of the short term disability that is the reason why. Spot doesn't like to pay out twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back