Archived Harris Poll Of Most Popular Companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
Wegmans grocery store beat out Amazon this year for the most trusted and respected company this year in the Harris poll.

Now take a wild guess where Target fell on the list.

I figured it wouldn't be in the top twenty what with the breach and all but I sure didn't expect to come in under Best Buy and frelling Hobby Lobby.

We aren't even in the top 50.

Coming in #63, Target.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/07/wegmans-best-supermarket_n_6636222.html

Considering that in 2013 Target was #22 that is a serious drop.

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/vault/2013 RQ Summary Report FINAL.pdf?utm_content=buffer9062f&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

Last edited:
From #22 to #63 is pretty damning. But fear not! Walmart went from #84 to #40 so they dropped 3 more points than Target did so corporate has met their primary goal.

Target: Still a little better than Walmart.

Beautiful.

Beautiful.

It's really disheartening to me to see Target pace themselves against such a publicly hated & mocked corporation as Walmart. They even go so far as to make sure the Target CEO makes a little less than the rival from Walmart. (I guess it helps them sleep better at night or something?)

Don't they realize how fickle the public is & how that admiration can potentially turn to disgust within the blink of an eye? For some reason, the public makes Walmart a scapegoat for everything bad about retail and they conveniently ignore the fact that the only difference between the two retailers is that Target initially spends more on store presentation (nicer shelves, nicer finished ceilings, etc.) and then also carries a larger selection of better merchandise in addition to the same goods that Walmart sells.

Get the hint? Yeah, they should "work with a sense of urgency" to get the hint, I would think.

Maybe a little less talking about the wacky "vibe" and a little more REALITY about what makes a good company in 2015.
You know the old saying you cant teach an old ( Spotted) dog new tricks...Spot had better prove the saying wrong and learn some new tricks fast

Well... It's higher on the list than I would expect a company who's CEO ignored a credit card data breach to be.

As a friend of mine who works in data security pointed out;
"Companies have to be prepared now to deal with teams who are backed by organized crime and foreign intelligence agencies.
It's not a bunch of college kids doing it for lulz or a black hat trying to make his bones.
If a company wants to protect themselves they have to have people who think on that level but that means they have to pay for that level of thinking."

I suspect Spot really doesn't want to pay for that level of thinking.

From my experience the past few years, Spot does not want anyone with more than half a brain :( Only yes-people.

I don't trust a list that has companies such as Unilever and Nestle highly ranked.

Rationale: Buying Breyer's and Edy's and changing most of their ice creams to "frozen dairy desserts" to save money, palm oil and additives, reducing carton sizes of food, etc.

Last edited:
As a friend of mine who works in data security pointed out;
"Companies have to be prepared now to deal with teams who are backed by organized crime and foreign intelligence agencies.
It's not a bunch of college kids doing it for lulz or a black hat trying to make his bones.
If a company wants to protect themselves they have to have people who think on that level but that means they have to pay for that level of thinking."

I suspect Spot really doesn't want to pay for that level of thinking.

It's also a tiny bit important to actually take some freaking action when you ARE warned that your data has been breached. Even if they had top notch level security it won't make a difference if the people running the show just ignore the warning signs because they don't know what to do (or worse.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back