Archived Has anyone implented the new RFID rollout or is about to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still occasionally find Room Essentials stuff with the old ugly green color packaging. The RFID program isn't going to be very accurate for a long time because it takes a while for old merchandise to actually sell. Usually the old stuff sits at the back of the shelf.

Maybe we should have TMs FIFO in domestics...
I still find the old Target Home stuff during transitions. I try to put it in the front when I remerch so it will sell.

RFID involves reticketing and those tags can't touch metal shelves. If it does inaccurate reading. Backroom will have to demerch items to ticket them or at least somebody will and then remerch case packs. RFID was pushed back about 30 days...training needs to be done and all supplies for reticketing should be in stores. For those if you who are curious look at the shabby chic banks and peel the ticket...the metal zig zaggy thing is what gives every individual item a code for OH counts. Also if you prematurely hit submit there is no going back and anticipate extra cargo heading your way.

RFID involves reticketing and those tags can't touch metal shelves. If it does inaccurate reading. Backroom will have to demerch items to ticket them or at least somebody will and then remerch case packs. RFID was pushed back about 30 days...training needs to be done and all supplies for reticketing should be in stores. For those if you who are curious look at the shabby chic banks and peel the ticket...the metal zig zaggy thing is what gives every individual item a code for OH counts. Also if you prematurely hit submit there is no going back and anticipate extra cargo heading your way.

So even more important that stuff not be over pushed or flexed. LMAO !!!!!!!

I was watching an interview with Mythbusters and they were saying one show they weren't allowed to do (by the network, because it was comparing products which wasn't their their thing) was about RFID.
The general take away was that it was a major cluster and that the system was easily hacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back