Archived Has anyone see a GSTL/GSA be termed or performanced out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseyerc

GSTL
What the title says.. I know of some who are very undeserving of their position.

Yes my store GSA got term/performanced out before their 90 days then a new hire came to replace.

one of our GSTLs has been MIA for a couple and rumors are flying that he was termed for his consistently hostile attitude toward everyone up front. According to several people, he was indifferent to good performance but very quick to jump straight up everyone's ass for the smallest mistake. Yikes, but weird because he was always polite to me...idfk. I hit up my go-to source that usually supplies me with classified info (the ETL-LOG) but even he just smirked and said "none of your beeswax"

If spot doesn't want you, they find a way to get rid of you. I have seen 4 gstl's & countless GSA's over the years get fired. The dumbest one was a GSA stealing from the registers.

Last edited:
Have done it and am currently doing it. Spot is huge on red tape and having everything in order for these situations. So even if it takes a year to get you gone that is what will be done by most unless you do something heinous enough to get instant termed or get yourself on a CCA/Final quick enough.
As mentioned, not to sound evil but really if you're wanted gone then a way will be found to get you gone. Now granted where I've been and where I'm at if we want you gone there's a very good reason and it's not just because we don't like you because you're cooler than us.

I’ve seen a GSTL and the ETL GE get termed. Both of them were for crazy things and totally unexpected but can’t say because it would out me:(

I’ve seen a GSTL and the ETL GE get termed. Both of them were for crazy things and totally unexpected but can’t say because it would out me:(
Only other thing could be a physical fight at work or theft...

I once got called in to close for a GSTL who got termed shortly after I arrived.

Yeah. I've personally done it to a GSA. He really wasn't meant for the position and he was there when I was promoted to GSTL. I think we got him on sense of urgency mainly. I had nothing against him, he just wasn't meant to be GSA. He couldn't handle the guests, is now really doing well as a Flow Team Leader at another store.

Performancing out cashiers is a little bit more difficult in my opinion. It's especially hard if you get someone from CCA to final. I have to be on that because I only have thirty days before the crit ends. The little shits are the ones that shape up after their CCA until it runs out.

Your ETLGE and HR are your best friends for this btw.

We’re performancing out a GSA at our store but I’m trying to have her step down because she would be great on the sales floor or logistics but she doesn’t want to move, so it has to be done I guess.

It takes the same follow up that you would with any other team member. For a team member your performance discussions/CCAs would be tied to what they themselves aren’t doing or meeting and with a TL and above, you’d include how either they aren’t managing their direct reports and how it’s negatively impacting their process and the store.

A GSA got fired for sexual harassment at my store. We definitely have some right now that need to be performanced out though

What does it really take to performance a TL out?
Performancing someone out is an art form that requires you to give them just enough workload that they’ll never get it all done on time or properly. It’s both easier and harder for them to do it to us because we’re able to delegate the extra work, but at the same time they can just keep piling more and more. I feel like, at my store at least, if they really wanted an hourly leader out they’d just nail us for working off the clock because almost everyone checks their emails and prints their grids and gets equipment before punching in :p

I feel like, at my store at least, if they really wanted an hourly leader out they’d just nail us for working off the clock because almost everyone checks their emails and prints their grids and gets equipment before punching in :p

That is so true. Tons of Team Leaders at my store do this before their shift as well.

Yeah, the more efficient way to get rid of someone is definitely to catch someone violating policies such as No Call No Shows, Meal Compliance (CA), working off-the-clock, time theft, time clock fraud, violating purchasing guidelines, merchandise theft, giving discounts to family/friends, etc.

Last edited:
Performancing someone out is an art form that requires you to give them just enough workload that they’ll never get it all done on time or properly. It’s both easier and harder for them to do it to us because we’re able to delegate the extra work, but at the same time they can just keep piling more and more. I feel like, at my store at least, if they really wanted an hourly leader out they’d just nail us for working off the clock because almost everyone checks their emails and prints their grids and gets equipment before punching in :p

Or give them the standard amount of work to do but cut their hours enough that it is impossible to get it done.
Then nitpick the quality of the work, hit them for things that have been SOP but never discussed, amd do fly-bys where you correct them very quickly and walk away but don't tell them you are going to write it up.
You can get someone who was considered a star performer fired in two months that way.

Can a TL be performance out if their work center meets their metrics and your comping sales? However, they just screw around their whole shift and expect their team to hold those metrics. Jw

Can a TL be performance out if their work center meets their metrics and your comping sales? However, they just screw around their whole shift and expect their team to hold those metrics. Jw
God I hope not lol

Just kidding. My team and my bosses know that I bust ass like crazy in spurts so that I have time to relax and have fun at work too. Usually my Monday consists of bust ass, first 15, work at a normal TM pace, walk the store and check in with everyone, lunch, finish up the projects I started when I first came in, ‘status’ (lol) with other leadership in the office, final 15, bust ass, find stupid random little shit to do because I’m currently in a ‘fuck each other over’ war with the closing TL so I don’t want to help push the 3pm pulls, leave.

Last edited:
One of pur gstls got termed when his dumb self used guest services ipad to have guests do surveys in store influencing them how to score and inserting his name into every one.

We also had a gsa performanced out for readons that never made it to my ears. They wete after him for months though that was no secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back