Has anyone temporarily traveled to support another DC for a week or more?

2 years ago Target had a program I believe was called “SWAT” can’t actually find any info online about it. My Target paid for the flight, hotel and gave a daily allowance for food to provide support for a list of DC’s that needed the extra help. I ended up deciding on New York (579). iirc there were about 5 dc’s to choose from. I just wondered if anyone here has done the same and how the experience was?

I did swat a LONG time ago.
It’s not really a program in the sense that it should never be necessary, it’s just something they throw together when a DC is fucked.
I just got a rental car since the other DC was only a 4 hour drive or so, the drive was paid and we took our time getting there. The host DC kept all of the swat TMs separated from their TMs so they wouldn’t pick up any of our “bad habits”. Made it pretty hard to meet anyone from that DC, so it was just swat TMs from different DCs hanging out after work and days off. The management basically pretended we didn’t exist. Ended up getting sent home a few days early because our “bad habits” got them caught back up faster than they anticipated. Overall, it was fine, but could’ve been better.
I also volunteered to help at a local store at one point, that was cool. Haven’t heard of them allowing that in decades though.

Cool I work in t579. I knew we were fucked but I didn't know that we were that fucked lol. Actually things were going pretty good for awhile but the last few months haven't gone as smoothly.

Cool I work in t579. I knew we were fucked but I didn't know that we were that fucked lol. Actually things were going pretty good for awhile but the last few months haven't gone as smoothly.
What's the reason for the bumpy few months?

What's the reason for the bumpy few months?
Seems management has a hard time managing our time. We went from losing a day of work every other week over the slow months to mandatory overtime 1 or 2 days a week. I don't have a problem with the ot it's just when we get the ot day(s) they have us fucking house cleaning which should be a joke. Time and a half to sweep is not bad it's just 10 to 12 hours of sweeping does tend to get to you. When I am at work I want to I want to work. Plus there is a ton of new hires and temps and our daily numbers are maybe a touch more than a few months ago. We almost didn't hire anyone for a whole year and I have to tell you that our team was really starting to not only bond but everyone did their share of work. I don't mind hiring new folks but I am wondering for what. Last year I wasn't even able to get a day of ot past Thanksgiving so our busy time will be done soon and I just hope that they won't cut hours again. There are so many new people tho so I think it's bound to happen. It's s just frustrating I guess. Will maybe next year will start out better than this year started. Oh by the way Happy Thanksgiving to all my co DC workers

Seems management has a hard time managing our time. We went from losing a day of work every other week over the slow months to mandatory overtime 1 or 2 days a week. I don't have a problem with the ot it's just when we get the ot day(s) they have us fucking house cleaning which should be a joke. Time and a half to sweep is not bad it's just 10 to 12 hours of sweeping does tend to get to you. When I am at work I want to I want to work. Plus there is a ton of new hires and temps and our daily numbers are maybe a touch more than a few months ago. We almost didn't hire anyone for a whole year and I have to tell you that our team was really starting to not only bond but everyone did their share of work. I don't mind hiring new folks but I am wondering for what. Last year I wasn't even able to get a day of ot past Thanksgiving so our busy time will be done soon and I just hope that they won't cut hours again. There are so many new people tho so I think it's bound to happen. It's s just frustrating I guess. Will maybe next year will start out better than this year started. Oh by the way Happy Thanksgiving to all my co DC workers
From a sales stand point, this time of year is always going to be the busiest I imagine. Are the new hires you speak of only seasonal or temporary? Imagine what it would be like working this busy time without them. Your DC would be even worse off than it is now. I'm sure you will be back down to the voluntary leave every week after the busy time. Good to see you stuck around, I remember you complaining about your departments situation. Did you end up switching? Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, hopefully the mandated double ot is gone soon for you! Hold your teammates accountable and tell them to stop calling out so much.

welcome to target's hiring practices. overhire all the time because the .001% chance of having one worker too few one day out of 365 is the priority, to heck with 700 employees the rest of the year that may have hrs cut. in other words, they only care about themselves, surprise.

Back