Archived Hasta la Barista, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday the ETL-HR chatted with me at my counter, saying they "didn't realize I was SO unhappy."
I was then told that my SBTL was leaving 'sometime' & that I ought to consider the position. I nearly laughed out loud.
In all the years there, I wasn't considered TL-worthy so this is just carrot-dangling.
Also, given our SBTL has to deal with Starbucks AND Target leadership, they couldn't pay me enough to join THAT circus.
I liked bouncing between FA & SB but I got pushed over to SB after we lost quite a few TMs.
Counting down the days.

I recently overheard a conversation with a TL who was putting in her notice and the ETL-HR, who kept asking her why she'd *dare* to leave the "best company ever" (yes, he actually said that). After all, what could be better than the so-called "best company ever"?

Turns out, the answer is literally any other company. Except maybe McDonald's.

Yesterday the ETL-HR chatted with me at my counter, saying they "didn't realize I was SO unhappy."
I was then told that my SBTL was leaving 'sometime' & that I ought to consider the position. I nearly laughed out loud.
In all the years there, I wasn't considered TL-worthy so this is just carrot-dangling.
Also, given our SBTL has to deal with Starbucks AND Target leadership, they couldn't pay me enough to join THAT circus.
I liked bouncing between FA & SB but I got pushed over to SB after we lost quite a few TMs.
Counting down the days.

Also, it's much easier for the store to put a known commodity ( that's all we really are to store leadership) in as the SBTL than make the effort to recruit and/or train someone that may quit anyway.

You made the right decision! Just stay the course.

Oh, I can't quit this place so I'll still be posting.
It'll just be in between running kids to classes/activities, taking Auntie to dr's appts, rediscovering my kitchen (getting familiar with my cookware), etc.

I'm done at the end of summer (after only 4 years, but that was 3 years longer than I originally intended...)! I'm counting down the weekends I have left. No more Black Thursday! Just this last BTS season! No more 4th quarter! No more time limits on every single thing I do! No more guests! And... EVERY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY OFF, BABY! I may have shed a few happy tears when I was finally able to be in a position to say farewell. We've been losing good people constantly over the past 6 months to a year or so. It'll be fun to see the direction Spot goes as a guest instead of a TM.

Congrats @Redeye! I have been dreaming of getting out for years now.

Today is YOUR day. Good luck and congrats.

Just sing this song in your head while you're at work today. We made it. Good job.

Thanks, Jack.
While I'm not a fan of Manilow, it IS apropos.
I made it this far without grabbing a large knife & going over the counter at someone.
SoS, you're right....it DOES feel like a boulder slipping off my shoulders :D

Thanks, BFA.
Just finished my first week without spot.
I get up with the rest of the gang & fix breakfast then see them off; my family is getting spoiled.
I know I am :D

I'm at about 7 months with no Spot. The more I return to my old store, the fewer and fewer faces I recognize. It's very refreshing to be at a job where they reward you for hard work and encourage you to help where you can instead of barking orders at you and giving you peanuts.

I keep in touch with several former customers and they say that they don't like to come and shop there as much anymore because the employees act like they are "barely there" and a lot of the good people are gone now. It sounds like I jumped ship at a great time.

Enjoy being with your family, it's a great feeling. :)

I haven't stepped foot inside my old store, since I left. Man, it feels good. But, I will say, I keep hearing how things just keep getting worse-I just wish I had left sooner. About half of the store quit within these past 3 months, so I am sure more will follow. I give it another 6 months and I probably wouldn't know anyone there anymore. Sad really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back