Archived Hasta la Barista, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several TMs had left before me so after I left, they were training quite a few new TMs.

Belated congrats to you, redeye58.

I left in May after nearly 4 years as a Spot barista. I was busy moving to a new city and job, so neglected to post here about it. It feels good to be out of that environment and in a full-time job in my college major, but having a 9-5 desk job does make me occasionally miss the variety and activity of being a barista.

Thanx, Baristar.
I wondered where you'd gone but I saw your other thread.
Sickofspot has the answers you're looking for.
One of my regulars (also a former barista) was trying to get me to apply to Starbucks (sans Tarjay) but I'm hoping to spend some time with family for a while.
I think we missed our favorite regulars, the social aspects & simply crafting a good drink.

Wow I had no idea. Congrats on your freedom!

I'm at about 7 months with no Spot. The more I return to my old store, the fewer and fewer faces I recognize. It's very refreshing to be at a job where they reward you for hard work and encourage you to help where you can instead of barking orders at you and giving you peanuts.

I keep in touch with several former customers and they say that they don't like to come and shop there as much anymore because the employees act like they are "barely there" and a lot of the good people are gone now. It sounds like I jumped ship at a great time.

Enjoy being with your family, it's a great feeling. :)
. You got peanuts? I got a flavored coffee stir stick. Seriously enjoy life after spot. And for us hangers on, enjoy life in spite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back