Archived Hate it when a TM suggests to a TL/ETL that I should be back on a particular workcenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart621

Flow Driver
I was a Logistics BRTM before we had Ship From Store. When SFS started maybe around October 2014, they started assigning me in it then decided to make me a dedicated TM working there.

I get 35hrs-37hrs per week. Our backroom TMs get 30hrs or less per week. It's not my fault 75% of the team are too slow to get the job done. Don't fucking tell the ETL I should be back in the backroom because I get the shit done.

I'm an asshole in the backroom because I have no problem telling people how they work. Stop being nice to them and tell them how slow they are so you don't have to pick up their slack.

Make sure that your ETL knows you prefer SFS and how much you care about keeping it running smoothly. Pull up the weekly SFS report and brag to him about the metrics (or ask for tips on improving them if they are not something to brag about).

Your DTL should be really focused on Flexible Fulfillment leading up to Q4 and your ETL will of course want to make him/her happy.

Next week I'm scheduled one day in the Backroom (of course a truck day). Going to see if they'll put me again there. I know we lost another vet (only could work on weekends now) so now Backroom is mostly rookies now.

Oh, today I'm by myself because the other TM called out. I did 75+ orders, picked, packed, and SPUs. When I'm working with others, we don't even hit 70 orders. I'm wondering now if these people are actually looking for these products when they pick.

Oh, today I'm by myself because the other TM called out. I did 75+ orders, picked, packed, and SPUs. When I'm working with others, we don't even hit 70 orders. I'm wondering now if these people are actually looking for these products when they pick.
We recently started keeping a log of all INFs. The TL is required to sign off before cancelling the items and at the end of the night, the closer updates the counts to zero on all of the items. Every week, we remove the filled out pages and turn them in to the ETL-LOG (the other TMs assume he has a way to check if we are actually logging all INFs).

After two weeks, we are green on Fulfillment % again.

Sorry for bringing it up but now I'm starting to get assigned in Backroom shifts again. Only on truck days though, so 3 times a week (I'm the very few who have a set schedule).

I don't lose hours because they started giving BR hours again so I get 38hrs rather than 35hrs per week (8hrs BR and 7hrs FF).

I don't mind the extra 3 hours but I prefer FF rather than BR. I don't mind working BR but only reason they started putting me there is because their current team is slow. Like I said earlier, I was assigned to take care of FF (as in Im the only TM assigned under that workcenter when I checked Redwire with the task list) so I always make sure everything runs smoothly. We do have other trained TMs but the only ones I trust can't be always on FF because they also work great in other workcenters.

Let me see if I can talk to my ETL and STL about it. Only I'm worried about is my ETL will screw me and then start assigning me on the shorter FF shifts

We recently started keeping a log of all INFs. The TL is required to sign off before cancelling the items and at the end of the night, the closer updates the counts to zero on all of the items. Every week, we remove the filled out pages and turn them in to the ETL-LOG (the other TMs assume he has a way to check if we are actually logging all INFs).

After two weeks, we are green on Fulfillment % again.

Our problem is that people can't find where something goes they just flex it. So the guys can't find things. We in In-Stocks can't find things cause so much is flexed so we refuse to zero out things, cause we know they are in the store for the most part.

I'm in a similar position...see if you can get the support to actually reprimand the poor workers, that can at least alleviate the stress of having to carry backroom by yourself. My leads have long ignored bad workers and when I moved to SFS it started to show and now they can't ignore it. Now we're meant to move back like that's actually solving any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back