Archived Have to quit asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrisonMike

Beauty Team Drop Out
I've been looking around for more information on how to quit my job at spot for a while, honestly. (Un) fortunately, I had an emergency come up where I won't be able to work my shift today or any upcoming shifts for the next few weeks.
How am I going to tell HR that I can't work today AND that I have to quit asap?
I can't fill out my two weeks, will a letter explaining my situation be fine? I have time to drop it into HR's mailbox but that's about it

If you’re writing them a letter ... it doesn’t really matter, does it? Regardless the reason, they’ll be pissed and you won’t have them as a good reference or be able to come back to the Bullseye in the future.

So, say your piece andpeace out. And good luck!

Depending on your relationship with your leadership they might be able to work with you (if you want to work there after the emergency is over). It really just depends how much the job matters to you. If it doesn’t matter to you, just go on workday, fill out the form, and inform leadership that you aren’t going to fill out your two weeks. If the job really does matter to you have a conversation with your leaders and explain the situation and ask if there’s anyway you could go on an LOA that’s effective immediately. Depending on your relationship, they might be able to make something work. Just depends what you really wanna do after the emergency.

Last edited:
Plenty of people just call in and quit at my store. I mean just let them know. You’ll be marked as not rehireable since you’re not doing a two week notice anyway so who cares lol

Don't listen to Humble TL. It's better to quit effective immediately than to JA. Just go on workday to fill out your resignation and put your last day as today (Don't forget to fill out the survey. Management can't see anything until you do.). It's far from ideal and you'll be marked as non-rehireable but at least you're giving management and your co-workers a heads-up that you won't be in.

Edit: It would also be good to call the store when your ETL is there and let them know as well. Not necessary but just a bit of professional courtesy.

It comes down to this, you will rank HIGHER in peoples minds if you call up and say "Sorry guys.. I was hired immediately, I'm quitting and I won't be able to cover my shifts 2 weeks out because I am starting my other job immediately" than if you just don't show up. This can help if in the future things go south and you want to try and come back. Also did you make no friends?

I've been looking around for more information on how to quit my job at spot for a while, honestly. (Un) fortunately, I had an emergency come up where I won't be able to work my shift today or any upcoming shifts for the next few weeks.
How am I going to tell HR that I can't work today AND that I have to quit asap?
I can't fill out my two weeks, will a letter explaining my situation be fine? I have time to drop it into HR's mailbox but that's about it

Call the store and talk to the LOD. Really don't have to do anything else if you can't work the rest of your shifts. Maybe going on LOA would be better if your not wanting to quit your job.

Don’t forget about vacation & sick time, first You will lose it.

this is why I have borderline put in my two months notice, 5 weeks ago, after i got a new full time job (on weekdays). 1. to help some people i feel as family, through what I knew, was going to be a Q4 to remember. 2nd, to use up my 90 hours of vacation, (still have 80 sick payout :cool:), before i left. Since then I have been signing TM weekends only, working 56 hours a week, but paid like i worked 80. :p

Last edited:
@BigEyedPhish How are you working weekends only and clocking 56 hours a week? The math does not compute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back