Archived "Headquarters Sign"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just three quick questions.

I was helping print a couple signs that we needed for endcaps in hardlines. I had no problem at all printing single and multi-item signs until I got to one that was supposed to be a "headquarters sign." I let my TL know that my PDA wouldn't print it, and he just said "don't worry about it, I'll get to it later." However, we were in a rush (as usual) trying to get everything done, so he didn't get to explain to me how one prints HQ signs.

Just so I know for the future, how does one go about printing HQ signs? Also, I'm an ordinary TM and I'm always in hardlines or market, so I probably won't ever need to print 'POG' signs, correct? Just single or multi depending on the circumstance?

I also have a cashiering question that I keep on forgetting to ask the GSTL on my workdays. At our store, (at all stores?) all TM cashiers are empowered to change the price for a guest if it's only a small differential. For example, if the guest thought the sign said $18.50 and the item is ringing up as $20, cashiers can just change the price for the guest, so they don't hold up the line for 5 minutes while someone on the floor checks.

What is the max amount that TM's are empowered to change the price by? And does this vary by store? This last question is mostly out of curiosity.

Last edited:
The general rule of thumb was always $20 for price changing without having to check with a GSA or GSTL.

The sign stuff I can't answer.

The general rule WAS up to $20, depending on what seemed reasonable. For example, if an item rings up $25, and the guest said it was $8, you would double check with the GSA/GSTL because that is getting into unreasonable.

But now the rule is up to $20 even if it is highly unreasonable. $20 item and the guest says it's a dollar? Do it...it's under $20. Welcome to Spot's new way of doing business.

"A Headquarters Sign."

mBQ0OJc.jpg

I'll see myself out the door.

Whenever the PDA says "item/size sign must be created by HQ.. please contact yadda yadda" we generally just dont mess with it anymore. I Have a lot of that in HBA and the Nate Berkus focal.

as far as requesting POG signs its handy if you are doing an audit and a ton of signs are missing or need to print signs for an endcap you just set..you just hit POG signs, scan the pog label, and then it gives you the different size options or you can "batch all". My etl-ge likes to batch all whenever one sign is missing.. I swear he does it and says "theres a bunch missing can you put them up"and it isj ust one that either fell on the floor and got kicked over or a guest took off to prove a price

Last edited:
And as far as the Price Change a general rule of thumb is 20 dollars.

of course if an item is $22.99 you wouldnt mark it down to $2.99.. you just use your judgement and if it is reasonable.. do it. If there is a 500 dollar tv and a guest saw a sign for $460... that is reasonable and could be an exception..

Just guessing but I think if you go to the store apps on the signing PC, log in, go to signing and hit the Headquarters button and enter either the DPCI of the product or the POG you will get the headquarters sign to print out. I've never had that problem but have used that function so I'm not sure if it's right.

Just guessing but I think if you go to the store apps on the signing PC, log in, go to signing and hit the Headquarters button and enter either the DPCI of the product or the POG you will get the headquarters sign to print out. I've never had that problem but have used that function so I'm not sure if it's right.
Dan , you are close to the answer. Just try the 3/5 first, is the key.

I run the ad set team on Sundays and have to do the endcap audit once the rest of the ad is done. I run into this EVERY week. My hardlines ETL told me to not worry about it, but my ETL GE told me to mysupport it if it's the same dept. over and over again. Haven't gotten an answer yet (mysupport blows!)
I always try to force print at the signing computer like daninnj said but it's hit or miss on if it works.

You can usually end up being able to print 3x5s for the entire endcap or whatever. It looks tacky and a 7x11 would be much cleaner and have a clearer message, but apparently The HQ ad signing team (or whoever is responsible) doesn't think it's worth their time to create 7x11s for salesplanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back