Archived Heads up on Sharpies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if civilization as we know it disintegrates? And you're unable to write an important message because your emergency Sharpie supply ran out in 2013? What then sir? ... What then?

If I went through 37 packs of Sharpies in 2 years, I'm sure I could use some of the 40 bottles of mustard that I'd still have in my "stockpile" (since only 2 of us eat it in my household) if the message was THAT important...OR, I'd have some pencils that I got for free stashed away in some corner I could use ;)

Heads up, there is a coupon for 15% off a Safe $45 or more, however, the coupon takes 15% off the ENTIRE transaction. Be aware of people are buying safes and gift cards!

Someone returned 4 safes with gift receipt :facepalm: 15% isnt much though. Are the other % off coupons doing the same thing? Ive seen several safe coupons, a 15% off catalina, some 25% off various toys...

*sigh* Some people have WAY too much time on their hands....:facepalm:

I was do back-up cashiering this afternoon and a gal came through with two shopping carts full of RE pillows, several dozen 2 packs of sharpies, and probably 100 10 packs of of pens (they are a buck a pack and I cannot remember the brand). She had a $1 target coupon for each item. Are you kidding me?? She gave me the typical, "the store that I normally go to, lets me use them." I suggested she go to her "normal" store. She politely bowed out. I spent the next 20 minutes putting her items back on the floor.....and that is why I think coupons should cease to exist.

I was do back-up cashiering this afternoon and a gal came through with two shopping carts full of RE pillows, several dozen 2 packs of sharpies, and probably 100 10 packs of of pens (they are a buck a pack and I cannot remember the brand). She had a $1 target coupon for each item. Are you kidding me?? She gave me the typical, "the store that I normally go to, lets me use them." I suggested she go to her "normal" store. She politely bowed out. I spent the next 20 minutes putting her items back on the floor.....and that is why I think coupons should cease to exist.

What a bi***. Peoples these days.

i got like 12 free packs of sharpies and like 6 packs of pens. I think thats reasonable, since i use the hell out of sharpies in my other line of work. and all the coupons were legit, no photocopies, and over several days, so i dont see a problem with it. but yes, 100 is pushing it

It's Papermate pens. They're on sale for $1 and there's a $1 off coupon. I admit, I picked up 2 packs of Sharpies & 2 packs of pens tonight...both items are on my kids' school supply lists and I'm sure I'll spend PLENTY to make up for them when I complete the lists...

The $1 dollar coupon that is circulating, clearly states 1(one) per TRANSACTION. If you spend $7648.90.....you get 1 (one) dollar off. Here is my problem with this current class of "couponing." The folks doing it are dishonest. Pure and simple. They are fishing for a TM that doesn't care and will ring them up. That is stealing. It's awful. I get using coupon here and there, but stealing stuff from a store and returning it at another? Not cool. Stores within districts need to work together and NOT allow obvious returns. Don't allow a return of a quantity larger than you would allow them to buy. I don't take kindly to someone that is trying to take advantage of me or any of my team. Sick. Sick. Sick. No one will convince me that they need it or will do good with it. Thiefs. Teachers are the exception to the rule, but they are the biggest couponers out there, so they will flex that muscle too.

The savvy couponers know that items purchased with Target coupons will only return what you paid so those *free* sharpies, pens, etc you don't get anything back 'cause you didn't pay anything. The novices, however, it's fun to watch them argue about getting the full amt back because the coupon has been redeemed & we point out that with store coupons, TARGET is the vendor so the amt refunded is only what they PAID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back