Archived Health Benefits for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
Hey, is there someplace to go to see what the healthcare options are? I signed-up to get my benefits package by mail, but nothing has come yet.

The Target "Mypayandbenefits" page doesn't have anything there, either.

Am I missing something? Enrollment has started for some TMs, so why can't we get access to see what is being offered and what the cost will be?

Last year I got my premiums reduced for doing the required things for that...and I understand that this isn't going to happen this year. I've no idea how much my cost is going to rise and I'd like to get some idea of what is happening.

So, can someone help me out with this?

It won't show you your options until enrollment is almost upon you.
I've been checking every few days but it only shows my current coverage.

Hmmmmmm.
Mine only shows my current coverage & nothing else. My plan type is being eliminated this year so I know it won't be an option.

I was on today, and the new stuff is up. There should be an overview of the savings account plans, a powerpoint video thing, and a couple short PDFs with whats changing, etc. I printed a bunch of it before i went home so i could try and get a grasp of the new plans.

The health insurance has finally shown up on the "payandbenefits" page.

I'd really much rather read and review all this on paper.....computers are hard to use when looking at this kind of information.

Thanks everyone for your help on this.

Saw the video today.
OMFG!
I am so sorry for any of you who have to rely on Spot for insurance.
I just loved how they justified their shoddy 'account based' offerings by saying it's what some their peers are offering and even more will be going to it in the future.
Gotta wonder if they remember what their mother told them about their friends jumping off a bridge.
Then they had the gall to say in 2014 they weren't even going to be kicking in the baseline funds.
Seriously, Spot it's too much for you to toss a bit in for each account?
WTF is wrong with this company?

Saw the video today.
OMFG!
I just loved how they justified their shoddy 'account based' offerings by saying it's what some their peers are offering and even more will be going to it in the future.
Gotta wonder if they remember what their mother told them about their friends jumping off a bridge.
Then they had the gall to say in 2014 they weren't even going to be kicking in the baseline funds.

no kidding!

Saw the video today.
OMFG!

Ok, I don't qualify for benefits so I am not seeing/getting ANY information about them.

Can someone explain what is going on so whenever I do get benefits I know WTF happened?

So you are saying that the HSA/HRA plans will *not* have the target contributed money anymore? So for example, you start out with $0 balance and if you go to the doctor you have to pay that yourself and/or put your own money in the plan first?

Are there any other changes?

Saw the video today.
OMFG!

I'm not on their plan but I watched the video for the heck of it to see how they were going to deal with the healthcare law next year. Once I heard that they were just going to toss out the base, I had to stop myself from bursting out in laughter in front of HR. Target's solution to complex regulations = offer employees the "benefit" of earning healthcare after they've already earned the "benefit" itself by working at target. :laugh4:

I'm guessing their goal here is to make it so undesirable that most people will willingly forgo it for private insurance or the public option. This isn't a political forum so I won't go into personal opinions on the law, but I guess it's better than having hours cut...
wait, no, they're doing that right now. :huh:

Saw the video today.
OMFG!

I'm not on their plan but I watched the video for the heck of it to see how they were going to deal with the healthcare law next year. Once I heard that they were just going to toss out the base, I had to stop myself from bursting out in laughter in front of HR. Target's solution to complex regulations = offer employees the "benefit" of earning healthcare after they've already earned the "benefit" itself by working at target. :laugh4:

I'm guessing their goal here is to make it so undesirable that most people will willingly forgo it for private insurance or the public option. This isn't a political forum so I won't go into personal opinions on the law, but I guess it's better than having hours cut...
wait, no, they're doing that right now. :huh:

Well, if you are right about the motive for this (which I totally think you might be), then Target is going to save a sh** ton of money if they get tons of TMs off the health insurance.... Health insurance is the biggest expense a company has. In other words, they should then have a sh** ton of money to go towards hours for TMs. (OR a sh** ton of money to go towards corporate bonuses... I wonder which it will be....)

Well, if you are right about the motive for this (which I totally think you might be), then Target is going to save a sh** ton of money if they get tons of TMs off the health insurance.... Health insurance is the biggest expense a company has. In other words, they should then have a sh** ton of money to go towards hours for TMs. (OR a sh** ton of money to go towards corporate bonuses... I wonder which it will be....)

Yea, I'm betting on curtain B.

I also noticed they went into in more detail this year about how you can set aside pre-tax money for other out of pocket expenses.
Can you say AFLAC?
I know they're not selling the duck but but it amounts to the same thing.
Back in the days when I worked for small companies that went out of business on a regular basis, one of my rules of thumb was any company that pushed AFLAC instead of real insurance is going to be a ghost.
I don't think Spot is bankrupt financially but its humanity sure is.

Last edited:
I still have a year to be covered on my mom's insurance, but I watched part of the video on the pay and benefits site. It sounds horrible.

Oh yeah, and the cigarette burn ... $300 bucks a year.
The way they make that default to taking it out of your paycheck if you don't take care of it is damned suspicious.

The way they make that default to taking it out of your paycheck if you don't take care of it is damned suspicious.

How much do you want to bet they justify this by having hired a research company for $10 million dollars (store hours adjusted accordingly, of course) to do a study on how many TMs smoke and say enough smoke to justify the assumption?

Last edited:

How much do you want to bet they justify this by having hired a research company for $10 million dollars (store hours adjusted accordingly, of course) to do a study on how many TMs smoke and say enough smoke to justify the assumption?

at my store there are about 12 of the 150 of us who DON'T smoke so they just probably looked at my store....and pocketed the millions. On the whole HRA/HSA thing...the ONLY reason I am glad to be considered a part time employee...I still get the PPO option..which is better than what my ex gets (for cheaper) at his state job.

At my store, that assumption would be justified.
If I had a nickle for every TM/TL I see sitting outside on smoke breaks, I'm sure I could fully fund my family's insurance at the very least.
I asked one TM about his smoking & he said it was cheaper than groceries (kills the appetite) & safer than liquor (calms the nerves without distorting perception).
Sad.

The benefits package stated you would have to earn the Target contributed money next year, not that you wouldn't get it at all. Interesting...

Our store just got our packets in. I got mine today.
They send the info out late, but still expect us to sign-up by March 1.

Our store is so low on labor hours that the HR is meeting with everyone individually to tell them what to do for signing up for benefits.

Hope I don't give away my loc but the majority (that still qualify) are doing the HSA simply because of the cost diff.
One TL who insures his whole family said he'd be paying nearly $100/month more on the HRA. He's hoping they won't need it much but he's got kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back