Archived Health insurance questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been with Spot 9 months. I'm also aging out of my parents insurance my other job is difficult to get insurance with, and prospects of getting another part or full-time job that has decent benefits in the next couple months seems slim. If I get the 30 hour average minimum in November and qualify, but drop below it later, do I loose my insurance or am I grandfathered in even if hours go down and my average drops? If I take vacation will those hours be included in my weekly average if they're paid hours? Does anyone know if Target health insurance has decent benefits or premium compared to the exchange "obama care"- I know that's probably an individual opinion, but I want to research all my options.

1. You have to maintain the 39 hours/week average every year to qualify and keep it.
2. Using PTO does keep your average up, but I’m not sure how it affects insurance. If you have enough PTO sitting around you probably have the minimum hours met 😉
3. Not sure how it compares, but I know I don’t go to the dr unless I absolutely must, the deductible is insane and I’m not spending what amounts to 7ish% of my taxable income yearly just to satisfy it.

But I do pay the god awful premiums because idk to be honest. Security blanket knowing I have something?

I think you have enough hours, yet. 1000 hours

From target pay site

As a Target Stores Team Member, you are eligible for:

At date of hire:
  •  Team Member Discount
  •  Team Member LifeResources
  •  NurseLine
  •  Travel Accident

At 6 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
  •  Vacation- You begin to accrue and can start using vacation
  •  Sick Hours (CA, HI, NJ, NY, RI)
  •  Bereavement (Funeral) Pay

At 6 months* if you average 29.5 hours or more per week:
  •  Vacation- You begin to accrue and can start using vacation
  •  Sick Hours (CA, HI, NJ, NY, RI)
  •  Bereavement (Funeral) Pay
  •  Personal Holidays (up to 2 days)- You begin to accrue and can start using personal holiday time
  •  National Holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas)

Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
  •  Dental
  •  Daycare Flexible Spending Account (Daycare FSA)
  •  Group Legal Plan
  •  Adoption Assistance
  •  Life Insurance (Target Paid, Supplemental, Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Life)
  •  Short-Term Disability (team members in California, Hawaii**, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island have disability insurance through their state Disability Program, not through Target’s Short-Term Disability Plan)
  •  Long-Term Disability

Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 29.5 or more hours per week:
  •  Medical
  •  Dental
  •  Vision Eyewear Plan, available with medical enrollment
  •  Life Insurance (Target Paid, Supplemental, Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Life)
  •  Short-Term Disability (team members in California, Hawaii**, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island have disability insurance through their state’s Disability Program, not through Target’s Short-Term Disability Plan).

•  Long-Term Disability
  •  Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (Healthcare FSA)
  •  Daycare Flexible Spending Account (Daycare FSA)
  •  Group Legal Plan
  •  Adoption Assistance

Health insurance is based on average hours. I definitely know that vacation hours count toward average hours, so using them will count toward maintaining health insurance eligibility. Not sure about personal hours, and sick time hours.

1. You have to maintain the 39 hours/week average every year to qualify and keep it.
2. Using PTO does keep your average up, but I’m not sure how it affects insurance. If you have enough PTO sitting around you probably have the minimum hours met 😉
3. Not sure how it compares, but I know I don’t go to the dr unless I absolutely must, the deductible is insane and I’m not spending what amounts to 7ish% of my taxable income yearly just to satisfy it.

But I do pay the god awful premiums because idk to be honest. Security blanket knowing I have something?
39 hours?

Yes, as she said immediately above your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back