Archived Hello all, I'm a prospective new hire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all I'm a prospective new hire at Target. I say that because I was offered a job position recently (Tuesday) accepted the offer. Was then told I need to take my drug test (took it yesterday) and then wait for the results and my background check clear. How long does it usually take for these two results to come back? Well I'm pretty sure I passed the drug test part of it but the background check I'm not sure. I've NEVER been convicted of any crime what so ever. Never had so much as a parking ticket but I do have some credit problems and I debts I owe (looking to pay them off with my income I get from working here). Will this have any bearing on whether or not I pass the background check? Kind of has me worried. I've served in the military never had any problems besides some credit issues.

Also I was told on Tuesday when I came in for the job offer by the assistant HR that I should expect a call back soon? When typically should I expect a call back? I know it probably varies from store to store but I'm just eager to start working. I asked when orientation would be and they said possibly next Tuesday but depends on how many new hires they get. They also said if I don't hear back by Tuesday of next week to call the HR directly. I'm just really eager to start working. The team seems great I got a lot of greeting while I was there learned a few names. I'm excited to join the team. I start off as Cart Attendant but cross train into food cafe

I don't think your credit matters, we have some shady kids that work at my store, if they can get into orientation, I'm sure you can too.
But yeah if you dont hear anything soon, definitely call them, lol good luck

As far as I know credit shouldn't matter but keep calling.

I don't think your credit matters, mostly due to how many debt collectors call my store.

Sounds like someone at your store needs one of those "stop those harassing collection calls once and for all" services that you always see commercials for.

Sounds like someone at your store needs one of those "stop those harassing collection calls once and for all" services that you always see commercials for.

There's actually a couple TMs that get calls like that, I usually try to stay on the line and ask them to not call anymore (I worked in collections and they legally HAVE to stop calling once you ask).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back