Archived Hello and a Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I'm a college student and I've recently accepted an Executive Intern position for next summer. I'm incredibly excited and look forward to working at Target! :good:

Does anyone have advice regarding the Executive Intern position? Does Target often offer full time ETL positions to their interns upon graduation?

As well, has anybody on here participated in the Advanced Executive Intern position? I'm a sophomore right now, so I have two summers left before graduation.

I'm sure I'll be around on the forums over the next few months asking tons of questions.Thanks for your help, and nice to meet you all!

So you are going to go to college for four years to work retail...nights, weekends, holidays....management or not, it's retail.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Good Luck.

My grandmother went to college to be a copepodologist, my grandfather an entomologist, my mother to be a poet, my wife to get duel degrees in mathematics and teaching and me to be an activist (don't recommend that one to anyone by the way unless you have a trust fund). I'm trying not to judge people who go to get a retail job but it's hard.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcomes! I will be sure to take a look under the leaders forum for more information.

@Retail Girl, I've heard positives and negatives about working retail. However, Target seems like a prime place to launch a career with, as the company is (on a corporate level) environmentally friendly and looks out for its communities. I can stand behind those values.

As to whether retail is the place for me? That's the nice thing about an internship. It lets one take a look into fields of work and judge which is the proper fit. So we'll see, but from what I have heard from others with positions in Target, it is certainly in the running.

Welcome to The Break Room! We have a few former interns here and there who might be able to help.

I was never an intern but was a college student and TM who interviewed for the internship and didn't get it for various personal and situational reasons but I say go for it. Use the year or two to build some skills and understand how a big business work. And let's face it, $15/hr (or what it was when I applied) is pretty damn good considering unpaid internships have been on the rise the past few years.

BUT, also take in to consideration what your goals are in life. I majored in psychology and got a temporary work assignment for the DoD the summer out of college which I thought would turn into something. It was pretty much the easy way into a job but I also could have been working with children with autism (what I do now) instead which was much more in line with my major. If you are interested in retail business, go for it. But if you really wanted to work in, let's say marketing or something semi-related to retail but not actually retail, I would advise you to look elsewhere.

Last edited:
Agreed, the internship is good experience and pays substantially better than any summer job I could ever hope to find.

Life's all about possibilities, so I'll definitely keep my eyes open and we'll see where things go. Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back