Archived Hello Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I have an interview at Target for an ETL position (logistics), so I'm not really an employee but I hope to be. I've been looking around the site for a few days and just wanted to ask a couple of questions.

My interview is later this week with a STL and I would love to know if you guys have any tips or can clue me in on what to expect. I've worked in retail for a while on a smaller scale and we've never had logistic teams in our stores, so I'm not even sure of all the responsibilities the ETL-Logistics may have. The guides here have definitely helped me understand some of it, so thank you to everyone who has put time into the guides.

Are there any ETL-logistics here? Would you recommend the job? Would it be difficult for someone with no big box logistics experience to perform well?

Also, I would love to know how long the typical interview process is for an ETL? I know it may depend on the circumstances within the store, but so far they seem to have moved quickly and I hope that continues.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading and I'd love any advice you want to give me!

Greetings and salutations. Welcome to the board.

You will get a "crash course" in how Target logistics goes as you do your ETL training, but you'll learn a lot more practical experience from your reports on the Flow and Backroom teams, so be open to any good advice you can get from these people who have been doing their jobs for a long time. You are going to oversee the process of unloading the trailer, getting merchandise onto the floor, and storing excess in the backroom, all within the allotted times and to a certain degree of accuracy. ETL-LOG is one of the foremost executive positions where you'll be getting "down and dirty" with your team, whether it be backstocking in the backroom or (more than likely) frantically working out chemi's pallets to get them done off the floor by 8 (yep, that's right, no pallets on the floor after 8).

If you're in a higher volume store, you'll be doing an overnight process, whereas smaller stores start their process at 4am or even 6am.

I can't comment on the interview process because I don't know details about it. While ETL-Log is one of the more difficult executive positions, it definitely remains my top choice if I ever find myself in an executive role in this company.

Good luck!

Welcome! They may say your job is getting etl-log, then change it to etl-ge.
You may want read this thread:
http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/171-Before-you-sign-your-life-away...
Good luck!

Thanks for the link, I read it a couple of days ago and it almost scared me away. It's actually one of the reasons I posted to make sure that the ETL position is a good fit for me. I'm not really a recent grad, I've been in retail management for a while, and I seem to get a good vibe from the STL; hopefully I won't go through anything similar if I actually get the job.

You will get a "crash course" in how Target logistics goes as you do your ETL training, but you'll learn a lot more practical experience from your reports on the Flow and Backroom teams, so be open to any good advice you can get from these people who have been doing their jobs for a long time. You are going to oversee the process of unloading the trailer, getting merchandise onto the floor, and storing excess in the backroom, all within the allotted times and to a certain degree of accuracy. ETL-LOG is one of the foremost executive positions where you'll be getting "down and dirty" with your team, whether it be backstocking in the backroom or (more than likely) frantically working out chemi's pallets to get them done off the floor by 8 (yep, that's right, no pallets on the floor after 8).

If you're in a higher volume store, you'll be doing an overnight process, whereas smaller stores start their process at 4am or even 6am.

I can't comment on the interview process because I don't know details about it. While ETL-Log is one of the more difficult executive positions, it definitely remains my top choice if I ever find myself in an executive role in this company.

Good luck!

Thanks for the explanation, it helps to know more of what actually goes on. It sounds like something I might like.

The orientation took about 3 hours, Really just showed the wide array of jobs that were there...They showed nothing about logistics, My first day was yesterday I'm going in about an hour from now... I was overwhelmed but I hope I got a grasp on it alittle bit today... I'm a big guy, Alot of this was pretty bad on my back. Anyway.... I hope you like it man and they call back!

Welcome to our forums & good luck with your interview. ETL-LOG will be a challenge going into fourth quarter. Now would be the time to "Get your feet wet" before the freight really starts coming in heavy. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask. We have many knowledegable people among our members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back