Archived Hello Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, pretty new here. I was just recently offered and accepted a position at target on the sales floor. Orientation is on Sat. While I'm not exactly thrilled with the position I was offered, it's a start lol.

I must pose a question though. My previous retail experience was at Walmart where I was a Customer Service Manager for about a year in a 200m volume store and a Department Manager for 6 months in a 90m volume store, until I left for 6 months to sell cars.. My mistake... I digress my question is what advice do you have to develop to a similar position in Target? And how long does the process usually take?

Much appreciated. :)

Last edited:
welcome to the Team!!

i also worked at walmart.... and kmart before that lol... and target is by far the best as far as helping you promote... you just have to lead the way.. show up everyday... work hard, fast and friendly... i would say do that for the first 90 period and after that start asking your TL or ETL about what you can do.. if they believe in you then they should offer some great advice and a lot of the times go out of their way for you. its gonna take longer then 3 months but its gonna take them that 3 months to take you seriously.. after that then go on and tell them what your plans are and ask how you should go about it.

i would say all in in all it will probably take you about a year and sooner if your lucky... those full time positions are coming up short these days so they are harder and harder to get...

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to the Break Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back