Hello there - Some questions!

Good afternoon! I just got hired on as a cashier, absolutely ECSTATIC! I've been looking to leave the 'majority grocery store' business and move on to something new! I'm sorry if these are silly/dumb/'why didn't you look that up' questions, but I was curious if they could be answered!

1. Do they provide work shirts? Or is it on us to buy red shirts?
2. Is a photocopy of my Social Security Card okay? That's all I have, and I haven't been able to find my original.
3. In my rush, and excitement, I promptly forgot to ask how much they'd be paying me. I know the minimum is $15, but how does the payscale work here, is it based off of experience?

Thanks for any information you can help with! Looking forward to be rockin' the red!

1. You'll need to buy your own shirts.

2. Let's call in HR for that. I would assume a copy is a no but they'd accept an official birth certificate if you have one. @JAShands

3. You'll be making $15

original.gif

I got some nice red golf shirts at Walmart. Should I be using the "W" word? Get them a little large, they shrink a little. Izod has a nice alligator on them but they're expensive and you'll bust them up eventually.

Oh, also, I'm sorry for the delayed asking. When I had my interview, the guy said he was offering me a position and that HR would be emailing me so they could continue with my background check! Is that something that usually take a few days to receive? Would the fact that it's the weekend be a factor? Thanks again!

(ALSO thanks so much for the info about cheap shirts!! I'm definitely gonna go poking around Goodwill!)

No one has mentioned the best place to buy your work shirts: your favorite thrift store. I had maybe one appropriately red enough shirt when I started and didn't want to spend a lot for something I'd be wearing only for work. Probably paid $2-$3 per shirt, way cheaper than new.

Thrift stores are great for shirts! You can always dye lighter colored ones to red, for shirts you absolutely love, but aren't red, as well.

Oh, also, I'm sorry for the delayed asking. When I had my interview, the guy said he was offering me a position and that HR would be emailing me so they could continue with my background check! Is that something that usually take a few days to receive? Would the fact that it's the weekend be a factor? Thanks again!

(ALSO thanks so much for the info about cheap shirts!! I'm definitely gonna go poking around Goodwill!)
Thrift stores are great for shirts! You can always dye lighter colored ones to red, for shirts you absolutely love, but aren't red, as well.
We've got a sweet 5 dollar women's t shirt that comes in two different shades of red: https://www.target.com/p/women-s-sh...y/-/A-79859708?preselect=79724347#lnk=sametab

Men's t shirts don't fit me well at all, but yeah if you like Men's fit the Goodfellow are a great bargain. I'm just glad they got a nice cheap t shirt that works for my body, lol. I'm stocking up before they disappear.

1. You'll need to buy your own shirts.

2. Let's call in HR for that. I would assume a copy is a no but they'd accept an official birth certificate if you have one. @JAShands

3. You'll be making $15
I appreciate the shout out, but apologize for being late to the party.

Copies of a birth certificate are only acceptable if they are signed and have an official seal stamped. Not many people have their original birth certificates, but it’s easy to obtain a certified copy.

Back