Archived Hello! (This is a boring title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBear

Don't let me talk
Hi everyone! I just stumbled on this place after looking for an answer on Google and ended up reading threads for the last hour and then I was like, whoops, guess I'm roped in.

Short bio: started as seasonal cashier in 2013, made the cut and cashiered until September 2014, then got talked into learning guest service and kept pace and now I literally just finished my fourth shift as GSA tonight. This has been my first job and the general sense of bubbling up and hard work ethic is some real American Dream bullshit that I still find exciting and very unsettling even as it helps me pay bills (student loan debt ahoy)

But seriously, I like my store, except for the couponers, the people who don't understand how flexible fulfillment orders work when they order in-store and expect it to be done by the time they reach the front, the couponers coming up to the service desk for the coupons they "forgot," some of the other GSAs (this was actually my day off but one particular GSA is a real flake.... yay), the couponers insisting that every other Target does it the way they want, most of my cafe team (we're a store that still doesn't have a Starbucks! that's not the cafe's fault but I think it's interesting!), the coupo--- you get it.

I look forward to unleashing my overly-verbose rage and passion on this board when I need, and for seeing your guys' posts as well.

Fuck One Spot.

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

And it's Bullseye's playground now eh'

"Fuck Bullseye's Playground" was too much of a mouthful. I actually love the new look, though, even though the mess is the same. Amazing what a round plastic dog emerging from a cardboard box will do to brighten spirits.

"Fuck Bullseye's Playground" was too much of a mouthful. I actually love the new look, though, even though the mess is the same. Amazing what a round plastic dog emerging from a cardboard box will do to brighten spirits.
Welcome! Also my spot has that stupid wagging tail that looks so weird from far away. Scary when the store is empty and you see that little white thing wagging back and forth...........like its calling you.............

Welcome! Also my spot has that stupid wagging tail that looks so weird from far away. Scary when the store is empty and you see that little white thing wagging back and forth...........like its calling you.............
I don't think ours has this but I haven't checked. That sounds fantastically terrifying.

Its getting pretty steamy in here. Wonder if we're gonna have a good roast tonight!?

At first I was like "I love you" because you share the shame burning hate for couponers

But then you said fuck you to one spot

I'm breaking up w/ you

Well that was a whirlwind. It was fun while it lasted!

I don't actually HATE one spot, but boy howdy, the strays never end, and I don't exactly have people with the same drive to put them away that you do, judging by your posts. Three carts' worth of strays at close isn't unusual, and then we'll be like, "Hey, morning team, how about one spot" but then our morning cashiers are frail old ladies who have been there for a long time and are very set in their ways and refuse to put away merchandise beyond the checklanes and then it gets busy and the young people come in but they'll be on a lane because they're fast and nothing gets done ever augh god

It's actually been a completely awesome section lately just because we have more seasonal cashiers than operational lanes right now (super eager to seeing how Thanksgiving plays out) so we can send extra young people over there, although I'm trying to avoid having the fresh meat over there since that just increases the likelihood that their cashiering gets fucked up when we need it

....it's not one spot, it's everyone's treatment of one spot, I guess? But I did say fuck one spot so that includes me. OH WELL, FUCK ONE SPOT, ALL IN.

I like me a good spitroast if you know what I mean c;

I have nothing for this one. This is one hell of a welcoming.

Hot meat sizzling impaled on a spike.
What's not to love?
461a47e9b0a18b8afac47da2f7d623a9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back