Hello!

Hi! I’m new to here but I’ve been with Target a year. I do pretty much everything but soft lines and AP. I’m 24 and I have bipolar, adhd, anxiety, depression, and type2 narcolepsy. 😬 Target has been pretty enjoyable 6/7 days! I also have a service dog 🐕‍🦺 she’s neat! I don’t bring her to work like I did at my old job though because 1) I’m afraid she’ll get run over 2)guests are fucking rude 3) HR seemed mad and I’m bad at confrontation 🥺

I don’t think you would be able to bring your service dog at target because it would be a liability

I don’t think you would be able to bring your service dog at target because it would be a liability
Walmart allows it, I once had a customer with a chihuahua in her purse and she claimed it was her “service dog” contacted management and they said corporate wide policy now allows ANY animal to be acceptable as a service animal if a customer says it is.... even employees lol

Walmart allows it, I once had a customer with a chihuahua in her purse and she claimed it was her “service dog” contacted management and they said corporate wide policy now allows ANY animal to be acceptable as a service animal if a customer says it is.... even employees lol
Walmart okay.
I’m talking target , which it does not for the reasons of liability . I have a Tl that wanted to bring their service dog at the offsite , not even at the store and because this Tl was having anxiety and also bipolar . However the dog was a liability that obviously was not worth . So the Tl was pulled from the off-site to accommodate the medical condition .
Target will acomódate but they won’t have a liability waiting to happen

Last edited:
Hi! I’m new to here but I’ve been with Target a year. I do pretty much everything but soft lines and AP. I’m 24 and I have bipolar, adhd, anxiety, depression, and type2 narcolepsy. 😬 Target has been pretty enjoyable 6/7 days! I also have a service dog 🐕‍🦺 she’s neat! I don’t bring her to work like I did at my old job though because 1) I’m afraid she’ll get run over 2)guests are fucking rude 3) HR seemed mad and I’m bad at confrontation 🥺

To have the dog at work with you would be pretty complicated but it would be possible.
Have you talked to HR about your disabilities? Discussed any accommodations you might need to do your job?
And don't let them put you off, it's their job to help you.
Being mad about it is their own fucking problem, they just need to deal.
It's not confrontation to ask for what you need in order to thrive in a work environment.
A) It's the law, and B) it's for your own good.
If you want your doggo to come in with you, you'll need to get the doctors order, probably an ADA request for her to be with you and some sort of plan for how you will keep her safe and out of the way..
Dot all your i's and cross all your t's.
Don't give them any excuses to turn you down.

I have had several team members with service dogs at my store. One of them even worked at starbucks. I could see it being a problem if the team member worked in an offsite though.

I'm eager to keep an eye on this thread! My next door neighbor just came home 48 hours ago with her new service dog. They had a week of training together. This is the first time the dog has ever lived in a house. However, she has lived in a kennel at the training facility and 2 different prisons!

Do the things that @commiecorvus says. Don't let a mad HR force you to part with necessary medical equipment (even if it does breathe). It's like turning your glasses or hearing aids over when clocking in and leaving yourself significantly impaired from not seeing or not hearing.

And welcome!

Back