Archived Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working at Target as a Salesfloor Team Member, primarily on Hardlines, for just about a week now! My store is currently undergoing remodel so it's a bit stressful for me, seeing as everything is continually moving around, making it harder to figure out where everything is.

Any tips for a newbie would be greatly appreciated!

Particularly with helping customers when you honestly don't have a clue! LOL

Greetings and salutations.

They should be making new maps for the store as the place going through remodel.
Try and get one for yourself.
Also don't feel nervous about getting on the walkie and asking.
The faster you reach out for help the sooner the guest has what they want.

I don't think we have any maps available right now.. Almost everytime I come in to work, aisles have been moved around, often in temporary locations that make no sense (a couple days ago, they had cold medicine right next to/in the girls clothing) because they simply needed to get it out of the way to bring other things in. Our remodel is supposed to be finished within about a month though, so hopefully things will begin to settle down... I do still get nervous about the walkie, but I use it plenty lol. I'm always saying "Hey team, where is ______?" :p

That's odd, they're supposed to make temporary maps for every change and print them up for the guests.
I did that as part of my job as the signing whatevertheycallusthesedays.

Welcome! Make a cheat sheet on set areas. For ex: A1 - band aids, A2 - pain pills, A3 - Chapstick/cough drops, etc. chemicals, seasonal, hba, & market will be the areas will moved around the most during a pfresh remodel. Make a few extra copies with date at the bottom. I was able to my store changes on 1 page. Then I folded the page in half & folded int again, so that it would fit in my back pocket. I gave copies to my operator, pharmacy & gstl, & other folks, so that they could help guests faster.

If nothing else, get some graph paper & make your own.
Don't worry about aisle numbers because they'll be nebulous for the duration of your remod.
My fav walkie quote was the GSTL saying, "OK team, it's Friday. Where's the toilet paper THIS time?"

Remodel ETL is supposed to make sure that the Remodel goes smoothly. They're supposed to have it planned out in stages, with planned locations for moving merchandise temporarily. Like others have stated there is supposed to be Remodel Maps for each step of the way. At my store we were in remodel for 3-4 months and it went quite smoothly actually.

Sounds like your Remodel team doesn't have their act together, and are just throwing stuff in random places :/

And welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back