Archived Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm new to Target and this forum. I'm a overnight backroom/flow team member and i just had my first day. I'm enjoying it so far but could use some help. I'm still having difficulty reading the Panograms and finding the correct location. Many people told me different things but it still confuses me. For Example A27 (2) 2-1-2. Can you tell me what each of these means exactly? I think that 2-1-2 means its something like the shelf in that isle, then shelf # starting from the bottom up then spot on that shelf correct? if it is then what does the (2) mean? if not, please explain it to me. Also, they had me in the backroom pulling boxes from the line into flats or tubs if they didn't have any. What i'm confused is know where each box is suppose to go. For example, they had 5 flats and putted boxes according to type of item onto that flat. Is there a certain type that goes into flat 1, 2, and so on or is it just random every day? Like the 1st flat they had boxes on it containing something (I forgot what was on it), then the 2nd had meat, then 3rd had milk, then the 4th had coffee creamers. I would appreciate any help.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

I would recommend checking the Guides forums, that might help you in your quest for information pertaining to your certain work group.

I can answer one question that you have here, your question on the planograms..

The parenthesis shows which planogram, there could be more than one in a particular isle, endcap, sidecap, etc. 0 usually means the endcap and 99 usually means sidecap, 1, 2, 3, 4 etc can be different depending on how your store handles multiples in an isle, but usually they start low and go high.. a diagram would probably explain it better. The 1st number after the parenthesis shows which section of the isle it's in, the 2nd number shows what shelf (from the bottom) and the 3rd number shows what position from that section it is.

Hopefully that explains it. I haven't worked in ages so I could be wrong and I am sure someone will correct me if I am!!

Anyhow, head over to Guides and if you still cannot find an explanation try the I'm Lost! forum and post your questions there!

Can't help with your question but greetings and salutations.

As far as the Shelf position question, here's the definitive explanation. Let's take your example, A27 (2) 2-1-2. For the purpose of this demonstration, we'll assume that ALL aisles in the store are made up of 6 four foot sections, for a total of 24 feet. This is not actually true, you'll probably notice that your store's grocery aisles are made up of 9 four foot sections, your stationary and housewares is made of 5 four foot sections, etc. It will vary. But for simplicity's sake, A27 has 6 four foot sections.

You scanned an item telling you A27 (2) 2-1-2. That item's planogram starts in section 2, or the second four foot section. This is where you start counting the next number, which is also a section number. The reason there are two section numbers is because the first one, in parentheses, tells you which physical section of the gondola the planogram starts in, and the second number is the section of that planogram that the shelf you want resides in. Then the next number is the shelf, starting with the basedeck and counting upwards. If you see A27 (2) 2-P1-2, the P indicates that it is a pegged item instead of one sitting on a shelf. Finally, the last number indicates the position on the shelf, starting from the left.

As Scram mentioned, there are specialty physical section numbers. If the number in parentheses is (0), this means an endcap. An ODD aisle number with a (0) means the FRONT endcap, and an EVEN aisle number means the BACK endcap (A27 vs A28). Remember that most items that are on an endcap also have a home location somewhere in an aisle (inline). A physical section number (99) means the item is on a sidecap, which is a small fixture holding a few impulse buys on the side of a gondola near the front or back endcap. If you want a good example, all those battery centers scattered throughout the store are sidecaps.

-Technical note: A planogram is sort of a diagram or protocol for how a part of an aisle is going to be laid out. It shows exactly how the shelves, pegs, and other fixtures are set, and also links every item that belongs there to it. Not all planograms are exactly 24 feet. Some are 4 feet, some are 8 feet, and so on. There can be 3 or 4 different planograms in one aisle to make up the total 24 feet. This is why the (2) exists. This is telling you that a new planogram is starting in physical section 2 of the aisle.

Now then, as to your other question, it sounds like you were breaking out pallets from your food load. This is best practice, though sometimes stores will skip it. If you look above the line there should be brightly colored pieces of paper above each space where a flat is parked that show what kind of food belongs on that flat. It's totally up to how your store is set up, and if they don't have those papers there, then ask around until you get familiar with the food breakout process at your store.

Also, if your stuck on an Aisle that say example only goes up to example D39 and you scan something and it says D40 or D41. that the back wall ^_^. when i started working at target i would literally walk around the entire aisle just to find it LOL

Welcome to The Break Room!

I had to help with re-shop in Market once and I had no idea where G45 or whatever number was, so I had to track down a Market TM (I didn't have a walkie or PDA - I was using the price scanner to get the POG #s) who told me it was on the back wall.

The only schematics that give me a hard time is the SL ones. You know it is on table I8, you see in front of you I6, I7, 9, and 10, but, 8 is off in it's on little world by active wear... Sooo glad I haven't touched softlines in almost 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back