Archived Help! I keep getting asked to be team lead

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store lost a bunch of TLs a while back because their jobs just don't exist anymore. Being performanced out isn't the only reason TL and up positions seem to be endangered species. Buuut, I think at this point there's no way they could eliminate another position... Or can they? Idk. And one TL was recently fired and I honestly think her etl was just trying to save herself by placing the blame on the tl.

That said, all my TLs who are still standing have been here for 7+ years. Those who were pushed out were able to find good jobs, and I believe having the tgt TL position on the resume helped.

I have no opinion on what you should do lol. These are just some of the thoughts I had when a TL position opened up at my store.

Dont do It stay where you are and do.your best .they see what you can do take that and accept it for what it is , if you sleep at night enjoy your days off then don't do it ,you will never be the same ...the more you give the more they want it will never be good enough ..

I talked to my team leader he said base pay is $12 an hour $3 more maximum. Which would put me at $13.15 plus my raise this year. If you go to flow TL would you get an extra $1 for being a key holder?

I am sorry, but the work/life balance is hard as a TL. Yes, you only work 40 hours, but there are several times you have to flexible and change your schedule at the last minute. Its tough to make plans when your area has call ins and you have to stay or even go in on a day off. If you say no, you get coached because leadership has to be open/flexible. @Hardlinesmaster is right. It is hard.

I would recommend that you go for it.
If it fails, you at least have something to put down on your resume.

I was in the same position as you. I was asked to be TL a couple of times and I always said no. I was recently asked again and went with the flow.
I've been in role for 2 months as a salesfloor TL. I don't want to offend anyone, but I basically feel like a glorified TM. The only stressful part of the job
is that you're accountable for everything in the department, yet you have no time to fix issues or improve things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back