Archived Help! I was scammed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought cod advanced warfare on Thursday cause it was on sale. It didn't freaking work, today on my lunch break I returned it and bought another one. I got home and I was all excited and open it and there was no game inside. Just a blank super scratched cd-r.
I'm pissed and worried that they won't exchange the game for me and il be out 41$. I also don't want my fellow team members to think that I'm a liar and a thief. I've only worked here for a few weeks so nobody really knows me that well but I'm honestly a very honest person and I would never do something like that.
Do you think I'm shit out of luck or there's a chance that they'll exchange it for another one?

I bought a WOW expansion only to discover the disks weren't there at all.
There was no problem returning it.
The fact that this is your second return might make them look at you funny but I don't know they would take back for a direct trade.

Glad it worked out OP! Guest Service should always open it during an exchange also. Make sure you check :)

She just handed me the new one and I was like "yeah, I'm just gonna open that right here really quick before I leave."

I'll admit I forgot to open a game on an exchange today. I was tired, and with five guests behind this guest and no one in the store who could help back me up, I got ahead of myself. :p

I forgot to do it once, realized a few minutes later when putting the returned game into CRC.

I also bought a videogame once, then got home and realized the game wasn't sealed and the case was empty. I had asked electronics to get me the game, they unlocked it, rang it up and bagged it all w/o me ever touching it. I didn't think there'd be any issue, so didn't notice till I got home.

APTL was annoyed, but not at me, he didn't seem to suspect me for a moment, he just wanted to know how an empty game case was locked up, since it meant someone with electronics keys either put the game away like that, or stole the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back