Archived help! interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, there, Soon,HR will conduct interviews for TPS. I was just wondering if any of you guys have some advice for me during the interview. or if you think from Starbucks to TPS would be a good option. Thank you in advance.

situation. action. result. Start thinking of things that you've done that you can use in an interview. Don't wait until the interview. If you have good situations ready you can kind of make them mold to the question.
Good luck!

situation. action. result. Start thinking of things that you've done that you can use in an interview. Don't wait until the interview. If you have good situations ready you can kind of make them mold to the question.
Good luck!

very good advice. Read glassdoor.com for questions, it is very helpful.

Good luck! Like pzycho said, they prefer to hire externally for TPS, so rock that interview!

• Give an overview of the situation. Only give enough detail to make sure the interviewer will understand well enough; don't overload them.
  • Tell them who all was involved in this situation - people you partnered with, people you directed, leadership you reported to and informed, etc.
  • What were your behaviors in that situation? What was your plan, what did you do, how did you do it - what was your part?
  • What were the results, how did things turn out? Hint: "Things turned out well :)" is seldom the best answer. It might not be all that easy to think up a decent response other than that, but try.

For the love of god, if you've been here for more than a few months, use examples from Target. I recently interviewed a team member for an internal move and despite that they've worked here for at least 3 years, ALL of their examples were from previous jobs. None of them were from Target. I was thinking, "Seriously dude, you've been here for three years and you can't think of even one good example from during that time?" The examples weren't even that good, to make up for it. Well, one of them was decent I guess. In interview guide A, the question about doing something that was a stretch of your skill set seems to be the hardest question to get a decent answer from (understandably), and the situation he outlined was actually good. But anyway, think of something from Target if you've been here long enough, unless your outside-of-Target example is really killer.

And yes, start thinking of situations now. Rehearse your answers so you know them cold, just don't sound rehearsed in the actual interview.

Remember, if you've worked at your store for too long and/or you are too buddy-buddy with too many people (or are perceived that way, which is what will count, in the end), your chances of landing in TPS at your own store are slim. That said, don't discount going to a different store.

When I was doing interviews for EIT program, my STL specifically told me NOT to use Target examples even though I was a TM for over a year. He said they wanted to hear of experiences outside of the job, specifically school examples and that most Target examples they heard all of time

When I was doing interviews for EIT program, my STL specifically told me NOT to use Target examples even though I was a TM for over a year. He said they wanted to hear of experiences outside of the job, specifically school examples and that most Target examples they heard all of time

From TM to TM is a little different than from TM to ETL. The latter I can understand wanting some outside stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back