Archived Help! Odd quitting/firing circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I started working as a cashier like, less then two months ago, and I was excited.
Every one was nice, and everyone still is, but the problem is that I had gotten approved for a surgery on short notice, and rn its blackout period.
Of course I tried to get this resolved, I asked a bunch of people on how to get extended time off, and I everyone i asked basically gave me a different answer. I thought it was resolved when I talked to the dude who oversees the cashiers but then come to find that he scheduled me for the week of my surgery.
I tried to hand in a note that explains why I needed time off to HR like he told me, and I was told to sit and wait for a higher up to make sure everything gets straighten out. So I did. For like a hour. After i punched in.
So i was loafing and not doing my job, and get pulled into a office and told to be expected to be fired, because I did this under my 90 days.
And I'm a bit irritated because I did as I was told,and got in trouble for it. (Whatever, not really important)
I was thinking about quitting because it was getting to be pretty obvious that I wasn't going to get approved for the time off, and now this happened. My surgery is in 5 days, I have two shifts left and I want to hand in a two weeks notice, I want to be professional and fair, but I wont be able to work the two weeks.
And now I'm just at a los for what to do. Do I call? Ask for the voluntary termination form? Not show up??
I like this job, it was fine, I tried to do the right thing and now everything is just up in the air.

I want to hand in a two weeks notice, I want to be professional and fair, but I wont be able to work the two weeks.
And now I'm just at a los for what to do. Do I call? Ask for the voluntary termination form? Not show up??

You can resign on Workday.

Here are the steps from another thread:
Go on Workday.
Go to your profile.
Go to the 3 dots in the upper right corner.
Click "job change"
Click "resign"

Thanks Yetive!

Did you just find out about the surgery or enter employment with knowledge?

Why were you loafing off and not doing your job?

You say you want to be professional but your post reflects otherwise.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

I knew the surgery was coming, but I was under the impression that it was going to be sometime in January.
I was loafing because I was told to sit by HR and wait for higher up, a gstl or the LOD to make sure I was doing the steps I needed, and therefore didnt go downstairs to the registers.
I do admit I should've been more aware of the time, but I'm nervous, I didnt want to be annoying and a problem, and I'm having my first surgery ever in a few days so im a bit skatterbrained at the moment.

Tbh it sounds like they have decided to make you non rehireable regardless. Turn in a term form effective immediately and focus on your health. Younmay like the job now but there are many other better ones to attach to once your healed. You are putting to much thought into a company who no longer gives a rats turd about its employees. Good luck with your surgeries and best wishes for a speedy problem free recovery

If you were scheduled a surgery, you should have gotten with your ETL and HR as soon as you found out about the surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back