Help! SHOULD I COME BACK?

I was a Target Team Leader not too long ago and I left the company when many of the changes starting rolling out. There was poor leadership and a lack of team culture all around. There were lots of other things wrong with the company too but so many to mention. So my old boss reached out to me and asked me if I would like my old job back for $20+ an hour. It's the TL position for SFS that he still hasn't filled. I'm just wondering if anyone feels like the company is better? What's SFS like these days? Are they really paying $20+ an hour? Thanks.

Is it just for sfs? If so it’s gonna be rough! Your team will be huge, like 70% seasonal, freight everywhere, 15-20% inf rates, always on a timer, district actually cares about your performance #’s more than almost anything else in the store. If it’s a GM TL3 job add in toys, sporting goods, Infant Hardlines, Bullseye playground, checklanes, entertainment, and gift cards. ASANTS It’s rough with modernization and all the turnover, but hey I’m doing it for $17 so I’d say yeah do it for $20, but I seriously doubt it’s gotten any better at your store since your departure.

The company, is a totally different company now . In the short time you’ve been gone , we have made great improvements. Management is totally chill now and its a very well balanced place of employment . some might even say your absence, has been a blessing.

ASANTS and to each his own, but to me there’s not enough money on earth to be an SFS TL on the quietest day ever, much less during fourth quarter at the shitshow that Spot has become. The cards are stacked against you from the word go: poor leadership, understaffing, constant turnover, red BRLA, things flexed everywhere, disorganized backrooms, inaccurate counts, ridiculous timelines and unrealistic expectations. The only things you have in abundance are micromanagement, blame, criticism, and responsibility for everything without the authority to accomplish anything. At least at my store under my ETL. Just saying.

How long have you been gone? What were you making before as TL?
Are you in touch with any of your former peers to see if anything has changed at your store?

I've been gone for 9 months. I was making 16.50 as a TL. I've talked to a few. A lot have given me mixed comments. I was trying to pull from a majority of people. Yanno?

SFS would be the ideal TL position to get. The store isn't wrecked when you miss goals or have a call ins like other areas. Plus you've already been a TL so you know from experience if you want to re-enter Target Hell. On the flipside most of your best employees have probably left since this years Modernization rollout

If he can guarantee you the $20, you know you'll be getting overtime. If you consider it a leasonal job and not a permanent return, it would probably be worth it. If you have to give up another job, perhaps not. Crunch the numbers.

If he can guarantee you the $20, you know you'll be getting overtime. If you consider it a leasonal job and not a permanent return, it would probably be worth it. If you have to give up another job, perhaps not. Crunch the numbers.

The problem with the $20 is that TMs are eventually going to get bumped to $15 and other TLs will get bumped to $19, and you probably won't get any bump.

The problem with the $20 is that TMs are eventually going to get bumped to $15 and other TLs will get bumped to $19, and you probably won't get any bump.

Which doesn't matter if they only stick around for a few months. They will still get their yearly raise until they top out.

ASANTS and to each his own, but to me there’s not enough money on earth to be an SFS TL on the quietest day ever, much less during fourth quarter at the shitshow that Spot has become. The cards are stacked against you from the word go: poor leadership, understaffing, constant turnover, red BRLA, things flexed everywhere, disorganized backrooms, inaccurate counts, ridiculous timelines and unrealistic expectations. The only things you have in abundance are micromanagement, blame, criticism, and responsibility for everything without the authority to accomplish anything. At least at my store under my ETL. Just saying.
I don’t seem to have those issues

Attachments

• 67F2B9CB-F39C-4E0B-8F19-4F8AB990B9ED.jpeg
    67F2B9CB-F39C-4E0B-8F19-4F8AB990B9ED.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 20
  • C2882DE0-5205-46E9-AB4F-B19C02015072.jpeg
    C2882DE0-5205-46E9-AB4F-B19C02015072.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
@allnew2 I want to have your team I keep on retraining but they all still don't give a shyt if its not located in the salesfloor/stockroom auto inf. They will never double check in mywork received day nor the last sold. Also they will never research/audit obvious items that hasn't been sold for months.

I don’t seem to have that issues
Same. Routines and follow up. Teach and train. Also green YTD BRLA. Haven’t had a group visit in a while because on paper they see no reason to come... the rest of my district get hits every few weeks by one of the the group directors as were near the group office.

Attachments

• 7D5FF8A9-5296-478A-A592-5E90029DF57A.jpeg
    7D5FF8A9-5296-478A-A592-5E90029DF57A.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 5
@allnew2 I want to have your team I keep on retraining but they all still don't give a shyt if its not located in the salesfloor/stockroom auto inf. They will never double check in mywork received day nor the last sold. Also they will never research/audit obvious items that hasn't been sold for months.
The thing is how much does your SD care ? Because I’m my store every leader and team member working know to assist all sfs/opu team members if need to locate items . And they can not under no circumstances can not Inf without approval , which means team members need ask a Etl or tl for help after they exhausted their options within 20 minutes and then the Etl or myself or gm tl need to challenge the pick batch and look for it . And only after we inf .

Fitting room , guest service for any missed returned to stock.? I guess that’s out of the question too.

Back