Help!! Target cart attendant parked buggy pusher right behind our car in handicap spot & we hit it damaging our bumper!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question and I am hoping some of you can help. I am disabled and we parked at Target in a disabled spot near the entrance. It is my understanding that it is a code violation for the Target cart attendant to park the cart buggy (mule) anywhere around, in, or directly behind disability parking spots. When we left the store, we passed the cart attendant as he was going into the store with many carts on the cart buggy. We went straight to our car, got in, started it, (break lights and headlights on) and he parked the cart buggy right behind our vehicle. We were in an SUV so there was no way to see the empty cart buggy through our back glass as 1.) our back glass is tinted, 2.) the cart buggy had no flashing light and was shorter than our vehicle. We backed out and hit the cart buggy. The guy did not blow the horn until after we hit it. It damaged my bumper from the center all around to the far-right side. Each of us filled out the store claim form. The attendant was very unprofessional and looked like he was high from drugs. Can anyone who has had a cart attendant job at Target tell me if he was at fault by parking the cart buggy right behind us when clearly our car was running for us to leave, and additionally blocked a handicap spot? Does Target provide training and/or require certification for operating the cart pusher? We just don't know what to do but I am NOT paying a high deductible to fix our bumper. Target told us "Sedgwick" would contact us as they handle claims. Target is literally giving us the run around. My car is a 2015 but looks brand new with no damage. Neither of us have any tickets/accidents on our records at all. We refuse to pay for this damage this guy’s negligence caused our vehicle. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you all!

You don’t have a backup camera ??
What kind of Ford/Chevy do you have

hey Karen this forum is for team members only

Get out
QMO: The majority of vehicles being driven today on our roadways, and parked in our parking lots by Target guests and TMs, DO NOT have backup cameras. This is a feature found on higher-grade cars/SUVs made during the last 5 model years. For a variety of reasons, many guests/TMs drive cars which are chronologically mature or simply lack this feature as it often involves additional cost.

The message itself is -- let's put it charitably -- questionable. Perhaps they are trying to "smoke out" information from us which they can provide to their lawyer in a claim against Target. You are right that we should not fall for the bait.

Uhhh as an operator of your vehicle you are responsible for operating it safely. Would you be saying these things if you ran over a child? The team member was probably pushing carts in the cart well and had to stop the machine for a few. All the machines have blinking lights. You were probably in a hurry to get home and didn't look behind you. There are no laws that I'm aware of preventing someone from pushing carts past your car even in a handicapped space. It seems like you are the one at fault, you hit a stationary object. Target does train team members on how to use the machine but you are in a parking lot you have to move the machine past cars! Accept responsibility,

I know dealing with Target is going to be a pain and it isn't going to be taken care of over night. They will try with all their power to not have to pay and honestly in my opinion it does sound like you are at fault. They will gather statements from anyone who witnessed it and review video. Good luck but I dealt with a similar issue a few years ago and it didn't end well for the person in your situation.

I have a question and I am hoping some of you can help. I am disabled and we parked at Target in a disabled spot near the entrance. It is my understanding that it is a code violation for the Target cart attendant to park the cart buggy (mule) anywhere around, in, or directly behind disability parking spots. When we left the store, we passed the cart attendant as he was going into the store with many carts on the cart buggy. We went straight to our car, got in, started it, (break lights and headlights on) and he parked the cart buggy right behind our vehicle. We were in an SUV so there was no way to see the empty cart buggy through our back glass as 1.) our back glass is tinted, 2.) the cart buggy had no flashing light and was shorter than our vehicle. We backed out and hit the cart buggy. The guy did not blow the horn until after we hit it. It damaged my bumper from the center all around to the far-right side. Each of us filled out the store claim form. The attendant was very unprofessional and looked like he was high from drugs. Can anyone who has had a cart attendant job at Target tell me if he was at fault by parking the cart buggy right behind us when clearly our car was running for us to leave, and additionally blocked a handicap spot? Does Target provide training and/or require certification for operating the cart pusher? We just don't know what to do but I am NOT paying a high deductible to fix our bumper. Target told us "Sedgwick" would contact us as they handle claims. Target is literally giving us the run around. My car is a 2015 but looks brand new with no damage. Neither of us have any tickets/accidents on our records at all. We refuse to pay for this damage this guy’s negligence caused our vehicle. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you all!
You hit the cart pusher. It’s your responsibility to safely drive your vehicle. All cart pushers also have flashing lights on top. How is the cart attendant supposed to know you were backing up or in your car? He’s just doing his job. He also didn’t do any damage, your the one that hit it as much as it sucks. Sorry

This is not happening.
We are not a place for you to gather information for your lawsuit against Target.
If you aren't an employee or a former employee or a to-be employee, just fuck right off.
Locked 🔒

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back