Archived Help with coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a step bye step guide for handling the different types of coupons on frontline cashier?

So like HLM said, read the cashier guide but for coupons, here's how it goes:

1. Only one manufacturer and one target coupon per item. Similarly, a coupon cannot be used more than once.

2. Always scan the coupon and then put it under the cash in your drawer (the two little slots in the drawer). Do not return the coupon to the guest unless it's a pharmacy rewards coupon.

3. Make sure the coupons are for the items in the purchase and are not expired. Your store may handle expired coupons differently, some don't take them, and some hand key the coupon anyways.

4. If a manufacturer coupon says "redeemable at Kroger, Safeway, and CVS" it can also be used at target. If it says "redeemable ONLY AT Kroger," you can't accept it.

5. If you suspect a fraudulent coupon or a scam, call your GSTL. Don't let people bully you into accepting coupons that aren't valid, because we won't be reimbursed right if the coupon is used incorrectly.

The steps for processing a coupon are as follows:

1. Take coupon from guest and scan it.
2. Look at your register screen to see if it's asking you a question or telling you something.
3. Put the coupon into your drawer and repeat for all coupons.
4. Press Total when finished scanning items and coupons.

So like HLM said, read the cashier guide but for coupons, here's how it goes:

1. Only one manufacturer and one target coupon per item. Similarly, a coupon cannot be used more than once.

2. Always scan the coupon and then put it under the cash in your drawer (the two little slots in the drawer). Do not return the coupon to the guest unless it's a pharmacy rewards coupon.

3. Make sure the coupons are for the items in the purchase and are not expired. Your store may handle expired coupons differently, some don't take them, and some hand key the coupon anyways.

4. If a manufacturer coupon says "redeemable at Kroger, Safeway, and CVS" it can also be used at target. If it says "redeemable ONLY AT Kroger," you can't accept it.

5. If you suspect a fraudulent coupon or a scam, call your GSTL. Don't let people bully you into accepting coupons that aren't valid, because we won't be reimbursed right if the coupon is used incorrectly.

The steps for processing a coupon are as follows:

1. Take coupon from guest and scan it.
2. Look at your register screen to see if it's asking you a question or telling you something.
3. Put the coupon into your drawer and repeat for all coupons.
4. Press Total when finished scanning items and coupons.
Thank you that was helpful Nitro.
Sometimes I get prompted to enter "accept anyway" or "decline"...
That means the coupon's item is incorrect right?

Oh yeah, if I entered "manufacturer coupon" manually and enter the price, how would I enter something like "buy one get one free"?

Thanks

Thank you that was helpful Nitro.
Sometimes I get prompted to enter "accept anyway" or "decline"...
That means the coupon's item is incorrect right?

Oh yeah, if I entered "manufacturer coupon" manually and enter the price, how would I enter something like "buy one get one free"?

Thanks
My store just has you coupon off what the "free" item is worth.

For the prompts, it doesn't always mean it's incorrect but it can be. Double check by either checking the bag or scrolling up to find it.
For BOGO you manually enter the price of the item and write it on the coupon. Example, $2.99 air fresheners, guest has a BOGO coupon, enter the 2.99 as a manufactorers coupon and write it on the coupon.

What queencat said, but also, many times when it's declined, all you have to do is look closer at the coupon. Usually it is asking you to write a price on it. The coupon usually has an empty box to write in the price of the item. but in small print somewhere on the coupon it will say, up to a certain amount. So if coupon says up to 6.00 but the product was 3.75, you decline it, hit the discount button, then manufacturer or target button (according to the coupon presented) and enter 3.75. If you had accepted it, it would have accepted 6.00 for the coupon.
The guest is hoping you didn't know that and then what they are doing is committing coupon fraud.

Also, just pay attention to the screen as you scan to make sure you got every coupon the guest hands you. Nothing makes super saver moms madder than when you miss their 50 cent coupon.

And please please please remember to write the price on Free/B1G1 coupons. Every time I close registers, I see so many coupons with those boxes left blank and it's infuriating.

Not everyone who has a lot of coupons is trying to pull one over on you, but there are definitely bad eggs out there who look for cashiers who seem unsure so they can try and slide something by you. If you're uncomfortable or unsure about anything, call your GSTL/GSA over to cover your ass. We had a sales floor team member get in trouble after coming up for a guest first and accepting hundreds of dollars in fraudulent/expired coupons from a scammer that knew which cashier to go to but he never called the GSA over. Some stores could care less about expired coupons, so just make sure you ask your GSTL how strict your store is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back